PDA

View Full Version : Favorite fishing TV presenters

Sean
09-03-2003, 07:48 AM
Just want to know what everyone thinks about the different presenters, I dont rekon you can go past Rex myself, even if he isn't as good a fisherman as some of the others, he is entertaining, and not afraid to say what he thinks.

Big_Kev
09-03-2003, 08:07 AM
Sean I would have to agree with you there, Rex may need someone to follow him around with a bucket at times, and some of his fishing theories apear to be based upon sponsers products.
But he has a definative character that has done so much for rec fishing in this country, and is known overseas as well.
I find him entertaining, with him just edging out ET who is a great fisho, with a show more focused on the guts of the matter.
Cheers Reel.

mackmauler
09-03-2003, 08:13 AM
My vote is for the budweiser girls, geez they could fish ::) ;)

jack_attack
09-03-2003, 01:56 PM
I had to vote for ET. Rex is good but the banter gets on my nerves at times. Harro has no show that I know of. They are all very good to watch. Then again I reckon I would watch a fishing show presented by the Wiggles.

I would like to see Rod Harrison with his own show. I reckon I have every one of his videos. I have been to a few seminars that he has run and they have been a hell of a lot of fun and very informative. I have spoken to him a few times, although a while ago now, at a local tackle shop. The wealth of info this bloke has is incredible. I learnt a lot of my jack fishing techniques from Harro.

theone
09-03-2003, 02:48 PM
I would have to go with Rex, though, Eddie riddle(even though he gets a bit over excited) i personallyt like as a fairly good presenter.

CHEERS Brett

Harro
12-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the kind words.
I had the opportunity I guess, but never kissed enough arses to make it onto the box.
It's a story that'll come out sometime down the track now that my bookwriting years have arrived.

Mad_Barry
12-03-2003, 04:18 PM
Just want to add 2 words to Harro's post,

Start Writin' :)

Ron_Collins
12-03-2003, 09:47 PM
Hey Harro

You made my day with your comment on the arrival of your book writing years! I also can't wait for your tomes to start arriving.

At the risk of sounding like a know-it-all, again, I reckon the best presenters are those who simply are themselves in front of the camera. You did that very well in quite a few of your video productions, and as I've said before, I like that somewhat larconic style.

I don't have a favourite presenter, but if asked who I thought did the best job overall for the rec fishing industry, I'd have to go for Rex. I have never met him, but I like the way he has introduced people to fishing and boating.

I like watching fishing videos to learn. To be honest, I haven't learnt much from Rex. I've learnt nothing from ETand get the impression that he hasn't chalked up many fish himself, yet.

But it does fill in half an hour and if treated like travel docos rather than pure fishing, they are all pretty entertaining. All the best for now. Ron Collins.

captain
13-03-2003, 09:26 AM
I personally like every fishing show on TV, "there should be more of em".
I wont bag anyone, I'll just say some get off by hearing there own voise. Others really love what they do and I think everyone knows who they are.
If I see continuing passion in their chosen fild without getting a swelled head, then I admire that person.
if I was asked to pick the best all-round show for me, it would be fishn4wheels. I think Sterlo writes with passion, along with a lot of other authors.

stilltryin
13-03-2003, 03:47 PM
How about this for a go:

Rex by far has the best persona, and for the average bread and butter fisher what he delivers fits the bill quite well,

Harro has without equal the best overall knowledge and as a presenter does have that raw edge that appeals to the person looking for that bit more,

Starling has the ability to put words together like no-one else, but sometimes you have to wonder what it really means, and his knowledge of fish species is pretty extensive,

Bushy is certainly the best trout fisherperson presenting on the shows available, but I would love to see his sense of humour let loose a bit more, I reckon he might improve a hell of a lot.

ET loves his fishing, but he is still new the game and after all the majority of his life to date has been football, age might improve.

But to all fishing starved people any of the shows are good, it gives you a chance to dream of what could be if "only I had the money" .

What do you reckon????

Stilltryin

chiefsimo
14-03-2003, 07:59 AM
I reckon that Steve Starling has to be up there - there seems to be nothing he doesn't know... Rex does seem to crap on a fair bit...

My biggest gripe is why do they put the good fishing shows on a Saturday between 5-6pm ? Isn't this the time when most 'ordinary' people (those who have to work mid week) are out there fishing ? ???

Simon_Goldsmith
14-03-2003, 11:35 AM
Of those gone i would have to say Mal Florence, but now i'd give the nod to Starlo. He has a bit more balance in his persona than the others going around. Or i think so at least.

Simon.

jas
14-03-2003, 03:22 PM
Has to be rod from the few brief encounters i have had with him and watching his videos he is an encyclopedia, and a man that if you run into will take the time to pass on some of his knowledge with out hesitation, it is a shame he did not kiss enough butts as he puts it ..

I know he is not on the poll but eddie riddell as the current presenter, the excitement he shows when hooking up just oozes out of the tv .....
thats my two bob worth anyway.... http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm35.gif

SwampDog
14-03-2003, 09:37 PM
I recon we should give them all a tick... they go through some crap to get them shows up there. That new series they are making out of Brisbane looks like it might have the goods ... I have seen some footage from their first six shows. :o
The presenter loves Harro ... you should hook up with him Rod. The more fishing shows ... the better.

Big_Muddie
15-03-2003, 01:11 AM
G'Day Swampdog.

Do you have a name for this new show?

Sean
17-03-2003, 05:13 AM
Malcom Florence hey? Is it just me or does anyone else find it a little amusing how he doesnt say much, he mainly just grunts!! :D :D

Simon_Goldsmith
17-03-2003, 04:59 PM
That's Florence not Douglas.