PDA

View Full Version : Hows about all the Fish!

SteveCan
18-03-2003, 10:02 AM
Was just looking at all the fishing reports from the weekend and it looks like they were biting everywhere! Offshore, the Beach, Estuary and the Fresh - there is no shortage of good news stories from the last two days is there? I think special mention has to go to Jack and Mac ;) - If Mackmauler says it was his best day fishing it obviously had to be a ripper ;D

So - what is the cause? - was it a good Solunar time? Were the tides just right? Or are we all just fantastic fishoes who A:- Know how to catch good fish and B:- Like to brag about it too? :P

Cheers
Steve. 8)

Lucky-Phill
18-03-2003, 01:21 PM
The answer is simple Steve,

A mixture of a break in the weather, fresh, solunar peak 100%, change of season, water temps, etc etc

Probably more to do with being able to get out.

Speaking of which. Good pick for the swell on Thursday night Brownie..... ::) what happened to the 3 meter swell ? ???

From now on, I'll be keeping the ear to the ground, and it's a fair bet the Bream season will start early. I'm not waiting til May............

Have a look at the offshore water temps ( statelite pics ), Ole' El Nino has taken a holiday and let La Nina back. This rain happened in 1997, and that year the Bay ( Moreton ) went off for Snapper, Bream etc. We also had rain that year over Easter for a few days, heavy stuff, now if we get that...........I'll be living on the Bay. ;) ;) 8) ::)

jaybee
18-03-2003, 01:44 PM
I for one would like to see the return of wet Australia day weekend and easter, they were good fishing days.

mackmauler
18-03-2003, 03:22 PM
Steve, Wire and lots of it ;) less sharks than normal and the main factor, the birds were marking the tuna schools, usually they eat every lure we put out cause we can't avoid them.

Rob