PDA

View Full Version : sandgate any fish?

Fisherman02
18-03-2003, 03:34 PM
hey guys
as most of you know i try and get out every weekend for a fish even if it is in the brisbane river :P . But occasionally i get out to sandgate which is heaven compared to brissi river which is a real s**t h*le. But have always failed to catch any decent fish what is everyones thoughs on old sandgate
cheers jack

aquarius
18-03-2003, 03:47 PM
Jack me boy ive told ya where the fish are at Sandgate...you just need to get there at first light(that means getting your mum out of bed early)
Telll her you will make her breakfast in bed for a week mate..might work its worth a try..lol
Cheers Brent ;D ;D

Fisherman02
18-03-2003, 03:54 PM
hey brent
nah mate she wont even for that
cheers jack

mackmauler
18-03-2003, 05:30 PM
Sandgate had a pretty ordinary pennant team, thanks to them and the bus ride home I aint got no memory of sandgate ;D

Jack why do you need any decent fish, its not like you have any room in the fridge now ;)

Fisherman02
19-03-2003, 03:02 PM
yeh but im not talking about any time soon but it would be nice to find out from everyone just how many decent fish there are one guy caught a bloody trevally on the sandgate jetty. But i think that was a one-off
cheers jack

aquarius
19-03-2003, 03:12 PM
Jack that sort of fishing is too tame for you mate...your a big game fisherman02 now..lol ;D ;Dwith plenty of experience in catching marlin, wahoo, etc.
Cheers Brent :D

craigie
20-03-2003, 06:31 AM
G'day Jack,

Sandgate Co-op !!!!!
Cheep Tiger Prawns sold there at the moment.

Hey Mackmauler, when you mentioned pennants at Sandgate, where you refering to Golf, Tennis or Bowls ???

Cheers to you both,

Craig.

mackmauler
20-03-2003, 06:47 AM
Golf, to many sundays with no fishing ::)

Rob

craigie
20-03-2003, 09:12 AM
Rob,

I know what your saying, hard to find enough time to golf and Fish on weekends.

Which club did you play with, H/cap etc.

I played a lot of Junior Golf at Pacific G.C., now I'm at Wynnum G.C. playing like a gumby.

Cheers mate,
Craig.

mackmauler
20-03-2003, 01:04 PM
Craig, Jindalee was my home club, played off 7 or 8 before I gave it away a few years ago, Pacific was always a challenge, did the gary player junior tourny a few times there, Have to have a belt with you sometime.

Rob

rick k
20-03-2003, 06:22 PM
Don't see a problem combining golf with fishing, driving, anyway. And short range putting in those boats with all the holes in the floor for seats.

A problem waterway user in one has to be at least as satisfying as a hole in one. Glow in the dark balls for sharefarmers, I'm excited.

craigie
21-03-2003, 01:51 PM
Rob,

7 H/cap, you were a few strokes less than me, these days I've blown out to 18. Played in the Garry Player a few times myself back in the 80's. Ken Walnow was the Pro at Jindalee back then, I used to catch the bus home from work with him. He was an old guy, not sure if he could play any good ??
Top course Pacific, bit too expensive these days :'(

Would be keen for a hit, The Bugman plays a bit as well.

Craig.

Fisherman02
21-03-2003, 02:47 PM
hey guys
if you wanna talk about golf go to another forum ::) dont use my post as a meeting point for all fisho, golfers
kapeesh?
cheers jack

mackmauler
21-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Fishtime, good point ;D

Craig we will "tee it up" ;D Pick a nice windy day but ;) Its all relative Jack, you could fish from the golf course, read between the lines hey :P

bugman
22-03-2003, 02:32 AM
I'm up for a game at any time. My total score could be anywhere between 79 and 109 depending on the day and how much money I've wagered. ;)