PDA

View Full Version : Fitzy out of action

imported_admin
17-03-2003, 09:12 PM
Got a phone cal from Fitzy tonight. He was ringing from hospital.

Snapped/tore his achillies tendon playing indoor cricket on Saturday night. They operated Sunday morning, 4 hour operation.

Probably be in hospital for a few days and then out of action for a fair while. From what he said the plaster will stay on for a month or so and then it can take up to 6 months before the tendon and muscle get back to anything like normal.

Anyone got a set of crutches with built in rod holders ;D

mono
18-03-2003, 04:13 AM
Yep! Sure have...

Get well soon Fitzy..

Jack_Lives_Here
18-03-2003, 04:15 AM
OUCH!! Not happy Jan.

Fitzy - where is a will there is a way.

All the best on the recovery.

bugman
18-03-2003, 04:25 AM
Sorry mate but I've got to say it - it's a sure sign of old age. Give up gracefully and don't fight it.

Stop everything that you do other than work and fish - well hey someone's got to do it.

Good luck buddy

Bugman

Zeeke
18-03-2003, 05:20 AM
Ewwww, hope u get well Fitz, my old man snapped his akiles... took him jury juty notice 5 months later to make him get it looked at.. 6hr Op... 14 months in plaster.. 8months of physio.. and he still cant walk properly...good luck to you and all, its not fun

Tim

dazza
18-03-2003, 12:51 PM
Ouch that has got to hurt. All the best for a speedy recovery mate
cheers
dazza

swano
18-03-2003, 01:14 PM
betta get the bloke a stainless wheelchair ;D speedy recovery fitzy, plenty of reading time ehh :'( know how it feels , spent a month in with broken back , and arm, then another 4 recovering ;Dcheers

Fitzy
18-03-2003, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the well wishes folks. Will have plaster on for 8 weeks & will take a few months after that till I'm walking again ok. I'm going to be out of action for several months. Won't be able to stand on a boat so I'm going to put the boat up for sale. No point having it sit there gathering dust.
Will put all the info on the Classified section when I work it all out.

Fitzy (the sore & sorry fella)

fishsmith
22-03-2003, 05:46 AM
All the best and a speedy recovery Fitzy.I know what its like to be out of action on the fishing side of things..

Cheers Smithy... 8)

aquarius
22-03-2003, 05:54 PM
Hey Fitzy mate..don't sell that special boat...If i didn't have a full time job i would volunteer to drive the boat for ya and you could give the expert advise to all those fisherfolk wanting to learn your skills.
A speedy recovery mate.
Cheers Brent

Ron_Collins
22-03-2003, 07:52 PM
Hey Fitzy

Was going to say keep your chin up mate, but maybe that should be keep your foot up or out of it!

Seriously, best wishes for as speedy a recovery as possible. Might be a good time to write a book?

Ron Collins.

Fitzy
22-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Hey Fitzy

Was going to say keep your chin up mate, but maybe that should be keep your foot up or out of it!

Seriously, best wishes for as speedy a recovery as possible. Might be a good time to write a book?

Ron Collins.

Hi Ron,
I just can't seem to win a trick lately. The foot will be up for a while & hopefully the chin right behind it.There's only so much of TV one can tolerate. Maybe writting a book is a good idea. Could possibly call it "how to change your luck". ;D

Will call you in the next few days Ron.

GF

Fitzy
22-03-2003, 07:59 PM
Hey Fitzy mate..don't sell that special boat...If i didn't have a full time job i would volunteer to drive the boat for ya and you could give the expert advise to all those fisherfolk wanting to learn your skills.
A speedy recovery mate.
Cheers #Brent

Hi Brent,
Don't really want to sell Tarcoola, but its a very real option at present. Got to pay bills etc & sitting in front of the tele doesn't do that. Have got sports insurance but not sure how much it covers just yet.

Cheers,

GF