PDA

View Full Version : hello from east timor

fishsmith
20-03-2003, 02:09 PM
G'day all I have finally got hold of some Internet access so I can catch up with whats going on in the fishing scene back there..2 months to go over here that will make it 5 months away from home. Can't wait to get back and wet a line.There's plenty of fish foaming up the waters of the beaches over here,unfortunatly I don't have the time or gear to have a quick fish...Very frustrating.....

Cheers Smithy....

Brett_Finger
20-03-2003, 02:19 PM
Maaaaaaate,
don't tell me thay finally let you have a puta :P
hope all is going well up there,and your not working to hard.
stay -safe- play- safe ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hookin,Brett 8)

fishsmith
20-03-2003, 02:37 PM
They gave me access to one for the next few days anyway as I'm usually out dangerous camping in the weeds around here..Good to here from ya..

Cheers Smithy.... http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm20.gif

Volvo
20-03-2003, 03:33 PM
:)G'day Smithy, Shame ya havent got a Rod there ta flick a lure or bait n see whats doin the splashin??.
What type or species they get there??any idea??.
Anyway have a good trip back and regards.

bugman
21-03-2003, 04:44 AM
Smithy,

My brother, Nathan Bugg, has been braining the tuna and mackeral over there recently.

East Timor contructions in Dili have got their own boat (tinny) and gear and finally after 3 years have worked out where to go.

Nathan just purchased a new overhead combo last time back to handle the pelagics.

If you get a day off go and say GDay at their contruction base, I'm sure he's up for a fish/drink. Tell him I sent ya.

Bugman (Brett Bugg)

fishsmith
21-03-2003, 11:32 AM
cheers, Bugman I remember you telling me that your brother was working in Dilli before I came over here. Unfortunetly i'm stuck out on the border of East and West Timor.
I may however get a few days in Dilli towards the end of may before I come home if so I'll definatley try and catch up with your brother Nathan for a drink/fish and a chat..

Smithy...

Fitzy
21-03-2003, 11:37 AM
Hi Smithy,
My brother in law just finished a tour of duty there with the army. He's with the Black Hawks. Haven't spoken to him yet but can't wait.

Stay safe over there & if ya get a chance, bend a rod.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

bugman
21-03-2003, 12:16 PM
Smithy,

Have a look in the Fishing Report section. Nathan sent me a report today with Pic. Apprantly they lost four lures to bust-offs at strike.

Brett

fishsmith
21-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Nice fish your brothers got there Bugman, theres definately some good fish to be had off the coast over here, someone could set up a charter business of types over this way in the future I reckon......

Smithy http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm20.gif http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm20.gif 8)

fishsmith
21-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Thanks Fitzy,can't wait to finish my tour of duty and chuck a few lures back there at Sommerset myself,should be around June by then. Hopefully the bass will be on the chew....!

I was up in a Blackhawk myself about 4 weeks ago. We were out for a bit of a recce of some villages along the coast etc, needless to say I myself was having a hard time keeping my eyes of the schools of Tuna,Mackeral,Trevelly etc that were smashing into the local baitfish population.. you never know your brother in law may have even been there.. Its a small world ha !

Cheers Smithy.... 8)

Jack_Lives_Here
22-03-2003, 11:01 AM
Gidday bloke. Constant drooling is not so bad bad on the F88's - being plastic and all.

You guys keep up the good work over there. ;)

fishsmith
23-03-2003, 09:02 AM
The barrels metal though and they rust! good to hear from ya..Jack....
Cheers Smithy ::) :D