PDA

View Full Version : Insulation For Fish/Box???

MadGaffer
25-03-2003, 09:39 PM
Howzit,
I have a question, I have a 5 metre centre console and have a large alloy padded seat that i store my life jackets and flares etc in.
I was going to turn it into a fishbox/esky. My first train of thought was to line the box with some polystyrene and the just fibreglass the inside, but have just been informed that I fireglass resin eats away at some forms of foam ??? ???.

What I was hoping that someone has done a similar job or knows someone that has and would know what materials would be the best for the job? ???.

There is a slight money retraint on the job but any information and any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

MadGaffer http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm41.gif

Breamreeper
26-03-2003, 03:39 AM
Hi Madgaffer,

Mate I have a 5metre Quinnie with the same set up. I looked around at coolroom suppliers and got some old panneling for bugger all. I replaced the whole box but used the bottom so my pegs were in place and it worked perfect. Total cost with angle silicone etc was under $80.

Lucky_Phill
26-03-2003, 02:34 PM
Geez I hate that. Wanted to see what town , city you from, so went to profile.....opps !

Anyways, I am able to get my hands on some Green Foam ( the right stuff ) for minimal costs, so PM me if you in Brisvegas or surounding area !

MadGaffer
26-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Sorry about that Id forgotten to finish the Profile........
Im in Newcastle and went to a insulation shop here in town today.He told me about the Green stuff and gave me a price holy crap its dear..............

Lucky_Phill
27-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Yes mate, it's dear.

Pity you don't reside in the Sunshine State. But, it is the right stuff to use.

;D ::) ;)

Ron_Collins
27-03-2003, 07:25 PM
Hi Lucky_Phill

Kevin Nichols from the CruiseCraft factory (3390 4967) should be able to point locals in the right direction for the "green stuff".

Best wishes. Ron Collins.

Jewmaster
28-03-2003, 04:20 AM
We so many mentions of the green stuff, I start to wonder if you are talking about foam or somehtig else.

Just a joke, Good luck making your esky, Found a Padded foam seat that looks like it came from the top of a esky like this about a month ago, About 1 meter lng, 40cm wide. I have no use for it, tried it in my boat and it wasn't too good in the 4.3m mantaray

Lucky_Phill
28-03-2003, 04:49 PM
The place to get the Green Stuff is Koolfoam at Slacks creek.

In the phone book and mention green stuff and they'll know exactly what you want. ;D ::) ;)