PDA

View Full Version : Surf fishing m and g

Fisherman02
01-04-2003, 03:09 PM
hey guys
i was just wondering why we dont have a surf fishing meet and greet? I mean so many fishermen are landbased and cant come to the meet n greets that require a boat. Plus it would be something. maybe we could camp on the beach on fraser or north/south straddie. But I would like to see some more landbased meet and greets which would hopefully bring more people into the picture.
cheers jack

Lucky_Phill
01-04-2003, 04:48 PM
Maybe we could have a M & G at your place Jack, for those that don't have a boat OR car ?

;D ;D ;) ;) :P ::) 8)

Lucky_Phill
01-04-2003, 04:51 PM
Who wrote that last post ?

Anyways Jack son, the idea was raised on the flagpole ( to see if it would fly ) about an M & G on Sth Straddie ( west side ). That way, folks could fish the Broadwater or walk across the sand to the surf.

I'll be a postin more about this later.

But, the suggestion has merits. :o

jaybee
01-04-2003, 06:43 PM
just make sure he doesnt bring that damn mobile phone with im phill, someone needs to talk to his mum eh
cheers ::) ;D ;D ;D :-X

Dominator
02-04-2003, 06:19 AM
Surf Fishing M&G that sounds like a plan, but I also like the sounds of having it at Jacks house. ;D It would make up for the Christmas party we were supposed to have there that never eventuated. ;)

Seriously tho it would give the fisho's without a boat a chance to see what go's on at our M&G's, but then I don't know wheather thats a good or a bad thing. ??? ???

Cheers,

Dominator.

landy1
02-04-2003, 02:48 PM
G'day all
that idea of the west side of Straddie sounds like a winner. If we went to say Curridge (spelling not my forte) folks could fish the shore in calm or surf or boaties could hit the broadwater or Pimpama. Word of warning though the ranger there is a bit of a nazi and comes down damn hard on any noise, partying etc in the camp sites so we might have to leave the green ginger death at home. :'(
cheers
Michael Kelly

gruntahunter
02-04-2003, 04:21 PM
hey guys I have a boat as most of u meetangreet guys know and i may be a bit dumb but...........as a land based meetangreet on the west side of straddie (which really sounds great to me).....dont u need a boat to get there?
sorry if I sound dumb but...................... ??? ??? ???

peterbo3
02-04-2003, 05:02 PM
Evening all,
Re those without boats who are not strong swimmers - simple. Those with boats could ferry them over to South Straddie. Fare could be a liquid contribution. And I don't mean petrol.

SteveCan
02-04-2003, 05:04 PM
Just cos you have a boat doesn't mean you can't fish landbased ;) The atmosphere on Straddy is pretty cool and there are heaps of locations. I like up near the Pin end myself and it's a bit closer for the Brisvegas based

Cheers
Steve. :)

gruntahunter
02-04-2003, 05:42 PM
petebo we ferry guys across to every M&G mate and we dont expect any contributions at all .I thought maybe Jack may have meant a place where guys can get to without a boat at all

peterbo3
02-04-2003, 06:41 PM
Evening Gruntahunta,
My post was tongue in cheek.No contribution required from passengers:
they can paddle instead.

jaybee
02-04-2003, 06:44 PM
hey grunt u can get to straddie without a boat, sort off, but what costs more, barge, water taxi or taking your own boat. Not all fishers can afford the expenses of travelling to an island to fish eh (4wd). Might be cheaper to drive to the Gold or North Coast in family cars and walk to the surf for some surf fishing
cheers

Touchy - R.I.P.
03-04-2003, 02:58 AM
My two bobs worth,Wavebreak Isl.,Stones throw from the Labrador/ Broadwater ramp,southeast corner has a small bay & a campsite there would overlook our moored boats,fishing options would include surf/seaway/broadwater/Nerang.Just a suggestion to add to the list,anywhere SALTY is fine by me tho',Betty said she wont be going as she tells me that since Jacks :-*rejection she is finding it HARD to cope so she has turned recluse.Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

Lucky_Phill
03-04-2003, 12:32 PM
Well young Fred ( not Freddy ), wavebreak sounds good, but have you seen that place on a weekend.

Having said that. The Bugmeister and I reckied a spot on the southern end of wavebreak. Not a lot of room, but no-one camps there. very sheltered water for boats, nice beach area, shallow but accessible, and the bream ( logs ) spot is 30 seconds away.

I know what Jack is saying about land based folk, but, I'm sure plenty of boats are able to " ferry " those around. Even from the spit, it's a 150meter ride. Land based fishing from wavebreak island itself is OK at times ( rocks, shallows and beach, with weed banks on the west side. )

Personally, I am comitted to other fishing activities for some time, but the Wavebreak idea is good, especially around end April / May etc.

Keep posting your thoughts folks.

IDEA !!!!!!!!!!!! even the spit area itself is an option. 2 whell drive access, anchorage inside, beach and rock wall landbased fishing, but no camping...........yeah right !

aquarius
03-04-2003, 04:51 PM
Yep im with Phil and Touchy and betty
boobs on this one...Wavebreak Island is a top location....Weather wise its never tooooo rough around the Broardwater..especially winter time...bit chilly at times!!
A wide variety of fish species in this area...eg;black bream,bream,whiting,flathead, tailor and the list goes on.
Ya can't beat the (LOGS) for xos bream in winter....just down the road from southern end of Wavebreak.
Not many mozzies down that way either!!
End of May would be my choice for a M+G on the Gold Coast.
Cheers Brent

webby
03-04-2003, 05:01 PM
Hi All,
I reckon the currigee camp, good campsite and shower/toilets etc, good beach out front, and your away from the white shoe brigade and jet jockeys down wavebreak way, short distance to the surf.
End of june looks good 28/29 new moon and highs around 8/9 pm good bream nights
Thats my thoughts
regards

Lucky_Phill
03-04-2003, 05:37 PM
What's the deal with Currigee Brian.

All I know, is it's run by the council, strick ranger and have ti book cabins or camp sites ?

Any info you could pass on !

???

SteveCan
04-04-2003, 03:03 AM
I have stayed at Curridgee one weekend - it was the Rugby League Grand Final weekend last year. The Ranger was very nice and when I complained aobut not being able to see the game - he invited Lindy and I into his place so we could watch the game.

In my books that makes him a top bloke :D

Curridgee would be ok for me - There a lots of campsites and the cabins are good for those soft ones who want more 'luxury' ;) sometime in May would be about right too.

Cheers
Steve.

Dominator
04-04-2003, 05:47 AM
How bout this for an idea we create a poll with a few suggestions of places we can hold the next M&G and then vote on it. The place that gets the most votes is where we can go. ??? ???.......Just an idea. ;)

Cheers,

Dominator.

landy1
04-04-2003, 12:48 PM
G'day all
Sorry if i put anyone off by saying the ranger is a bit touchy. In the past he hasnt been friendly to the idea of large groups of drinking males as he runs a family orientated camp site (quite rightly). So if we give him a call in advance behave ourselves and maybe put a few fish in his fridge i reckon we could have a great weekend. I sure as hell need to get away from work and relax and it sounds like a good idea to me, should have the boat by then so lifts will be available.
cheers
Michael kelly