PDA

View Full Version : Tackle & Tinnie Show - weekend 3rd - 6th April

Nugget
03-04-2003, 03:45 AM
The Brisbane Tackle, Tinnie and Outdoor Show is on at the RNA Showgrounds starting this Thursday April 3 – Sunday April 6.
Doors open at 10am and close at 6pm (5pm Sunday).
Bill Corten has put together another great non-stop seminar program covering a host of information including four-wheel-driving, camping, cooking and of cause fishing and boating.
Bush ‘N Beach will have a stand, so come and meet chat board regulars and correspondents – it should be a great show.

Dave ><>

Lucky_Phill
03-04-2003, 12:18 PM
I'll try to get there Dave, but, and this is a big BUT, the show closes at 6pm every night..........bugga !

By the time I finish work, wash the day smell off, I'd be lucky to get 10 minutes in there. YES, even this Saturday and Sunday.

Apparently, there'll be a search of bags at the door ( looking for tomatoes with Bill's name on them ? )

Can you confirm this rumour ?

Cheers Phill

Nugget
03-04-2003, 12:42 PM
Take a sickie - you deserve it.

I'm not aware of any searches - I'll offer my bag for them if they like.

Fitzy
04-04-2003, 05:11 PM
We've been told to give receipts to everyone who buys anything so that security doesn't pull them up.
Not sure if they're actually looking but I wouldn't doubt it.

Good talk this arvo Nugget.

fitz

Nugget
05-04-2003, 12:51 AM
I was hit up at the gate on the way out by security because I had a heap of gear and no receipts - my own gear I took in for the talk.

Thanks mate - there was a big crowd for the first one - they had dwindled off by 5pm when I did the second.

Dave ><>

Touchy - R.I.P.
05-04-2003, 03:23 AM
So what you are saying Nugget is that most people could stuggle through your first "show"but the thought of having to get through a second one was Way tooooo much for them ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.,Only joking mate,if going on your past presentations you would of been a bundle of very usefull knowledge as usual.Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><..

Nugget
05-04-2003, 05:11 AM
You'll keep Touchy - next I see you at our secret Sunday spot I'll tackle you - head high!

Dave ><>

Touchy - R.I.P.
05-04-2003, 09:13 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

landy1
07-04-2003, 11:21 AM
G'day all
popped imto the tackle show today and i was pretty impressed. sat through two lectures on estuary fishing and moreton bay snapper and learnt some new tricks to try out. generally a geat turnout, good chance to ogle the big boys boats and the truth newspapers girls ;D. tons of stuff to see and do and tons of people to fight through.
cheers
Michael Kelly

bugman
07-04-2003, 06:24 PM
Was it just me or was it bigger this year.

Seemed to be more exhibitors and more spread out this year.

Picked up a couple of bargains $5 for some head torches that I'd paid over $20 about 2 years ago.

Thanks to Travis from Springwood Marine for the good oil on the Barra lures. If that gold doesn't work mate I can always hang them off my partners' ears for decorations. Gotta say that the prices were very good for the lures that I bought.

Chewed the fat with Webby for a while - If you don't want that boat mate - let me know. Also ran into Simon (Smerl) again. We've gotta stop meeting like this.

Not too bad - good excuse to spend some money anyway.

Pity I don't have a boat anymore

Bugman

Lucky_Phill
08-04-2003, 04:02 PM
You don't have a boat ?

There's a little tinnie in your back yard as well as a RiceBurner ! :P :P :P

Travis
08-04-2003, 04:18 PM
Bugman it was an honour to take your money mate ;D...And your have the three best barra lures going(tilly barra,storm thunderstick and a B52)...

Good to catch up with alot of Ausfish members again....In all a good show again....

trav

craigie
09-04-2003, 02:18 PM
Hi Guy's,

Dropped in on the show around Sunday lunchtime. Man was I in love straight away (no that's not the Truth girls), 'Trailcraft Profish', I want one in a 5m version (side console). It looks so versitle, it could be functional in Impoundments with a Bow mount, right through to Bay and offshore :o :o.

Spotted 'Webby' in the distance but then lost him in the crowd.
Sat in on a couple of Bob Kozien's Fishing Seminars. He fed out a baited hook on catching Snapper in the Bay. Wish I took some notes. He may have told the audience 'Touchy's' secret Snapper spots, GPS Marks and all ;) ;D ;D

An afternoon well spent ($$$$$$), prefer this one rather than the Boat show at the Convention Centre.

Cheers
Craig.

landy1
09-04-2003, 03:47 PM
G'day all
Hey Craigie I sat in on the Moreton bay snapper session too and I did take notes ;D. I was blown away by the size of the baits he was rigging especially that mack tuna one. that unweighted drift down technique he talked about really does work, its what has scored me my biggest squire. will be making a few changes to our styke after listening to that talk though. we are definately going with the downrigger idea for the spots he mentioned.
cheers
Michael

Touchy - R.I.P.
09-04-2003, 04:27 PM
Craigie,'Day Mate,Did he mention any marks on the west side of mud?, :o,Webby & Lucky_Phil are the only other ones in the know re tho's marks,What was his preferred best baits,I think I may still have a trick or two up the sleeve about them. ;)Roll on the winter ;D ;D.Cheers T.><> ><> ><>.

craigie
10-04-2003, 01:46 PM
Hi Fellers,

Michael, good Idea to take notes, it sounds like Downriggers are the way to go. I might have to go on one of Bob Kozian's Charters to get some hands -on experience :D. Which Boat did you want to take home with you ???

Touchy, I was only twanging your Bra strap about GPS marks ;) Your favorite locations are safe :-X ;D., no gps points were mentioned in the seminars. Bob's gun baits were slabs of Mac Tuna or Whole live Gar. Pillies, Mullet and Whiting were the next choice. Big baits on gang hooks with no lead was the basic technique.

Now I just need a 'Gun' spot. :-/ ;D

Cheers
Craig.