PDA

View Full Version : NUGGETS WEBSITE

chad
09-04-2003, 11:59 PM
NUGGET,
bloody great website you got there mate.
it has helped me out a few times with prawning and general fishing knowledge.
keep up the good work and i look forward to hearing what you got to say on saturday and sunday morning on the radio.

ive added your site to my favorites and i strongly recommend other people do too.

cheers mate

chad.

Nugget
10-04-2003, 01:11 AM
Thanks Chad - We've got a few more plans - hope to add a list of known GPS marks to help find known locations for new commers as well as a button you can click to up-load GPS marks you would like to share - with the mark credited to the supplier.
I get a lot of requests for things like "where is the Harry Atkinson", or "how do I find the Compass Adjustment buoy" etc. - this should help.

I up dated some of the pages recently to take into account changes to regulations and I put a few new pix on the species pages.

Cheers for now.

Dave ><>

chad
10-04-2003, 09:25 PM
sounds like a great idea dave.
if you need any locations let me know and ill try and find them out for you.

my old man used to go on charter boats and take his gps along so ill see if he has still got the positions.

you got any good ideas about how to troll for flatties?

ive been a few times but never seem to get any.

i put my line out about 40 metres behind the boat but im thinking maybe more or less is needed.
also im thinking night time isnt too good for flatties.

any help would be great.

cheers chad

Nugget
11-04-2003, 01:11 AM
I don't think the distance behind the boat is going to have a fish / no fish effect on your results unless you are in the range of extreme = under 5mtr or over 100mtr!

Generally you need to troll the edge of sandbanks concentrating on the 2 - 4mtr range.
Use minnow style lures - I like pink or pink and black.

The main reason you wouldn't be doing any good at the moment is the time of year.
August is the peak for the big fish.
At this time of year and considering we had a lot of rain a month ago - concentrate your efforts on areas just inside bar entrances and around river mouths on the last of the run out tide.

Good luck.

Dave ><>