PDA

View Full Version : Next Meet & Greet- Where & When

webby
04-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Well there you have it, take your pick and majority wins.
If and when the date is decided :-X, you'll need a dark night around the waning or waxing period, so theirs no rip roaring currents 8).
Highs early evening to midnight. ???
Couple of blokes to organize ???
Go to it boys and girls ;D

aquarius
04-04-2003, 03:48 PM
Hi Fishos....I reckon the date should be on the weekend of the 24th and 25th May.........3rd quater moon on the 23rd...high lows and low high tides around this time in the afternoons...a little more run on the morning tides.
This is my opinion so lets hear a few more.
Cheers #Brent
ps..I voted for a trip to Wavebreak Island. :)

peterbo3
04-04-2003, 04:05 PM
Evening all,
If the tide & moon is right on 24/5, then it sounds good. I think most people would be flexible about the location.

Lucky-Phill
04-04-2003, 05:12 PM
Hey Brent, that weekend ( 24/25 May ) sounds great.

OOHHHH !!!! shoot, do I have to come back from Fraser for this one ?

Fraser Toyota Classic......24th may to 30th May. DOH !

;D 8) ::) ;)

Touchy - R.I.P.
05-04-2003, 03:15 AM
GDay Gang,Just a couple of bits of info to digest,both the last w/ends in May & June have an 80% (good) bite rating on my fishing predictor with a lead up to the n/moon on Sat./May & Mon./June,I have found the better size fish fire later in the winter at the "logs" but with the rain we have had they could be early,also an early cold snap would be great,My other "thought"about this upcoming m & g (crikey thats two thoughts I've had this week :o :o)is that if the May trip was a blowout due to weather we could back up for the last w/end in June,Plus the May.30th/31st/June.1st is the King of the Pin comp which I will be taking part in with the weigh in on the Sun.at the Gem Hotel,So to get to the point of all this dribble,(for what it is worth :P)I'm voting for w/break last w/end in May,Plus there is another option that will be open to some is an offshore run as well out from the seaway.Any fisho's who are unfamilar with the area known as the "logs"if you wish,I would be only too happy to post later on what has worked there for me in the past.Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

sav
05-04-2003, 03:42 AM
Webby
Not too familiar with those locations (except the Pin) so won't throw in a vote. I will be keen to turn up whereever though, although might have to hitch a boat ride with Craigie - assuming my tinny won't be up to it.
When you guys decide I'll post again.
Regards
Sav

sunrise
05-04-2003, 12:03 PM
Wave break sounds good to me
..........now to just figure out how to float my C'van across to the island ;D ;D Oh maybe Bugman could give me a tow if I lash a couple of 44's to the side of it. ;D ;D ;D
Johno

Spaniard_King
05-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Wavebreak is good for me....anytime :o

SteveCan
05-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Well, The weekend is the right one and Wavebreak is VERY easy to get to (don't worry Sav - your tinny will be just fine). Besides which it is close to amenities just across the broadwater (like Pubs! ;)) I was kind of hoping for the Pin as my luck has been far better up there and the beach is more accessible. But it would be good to see how to fish that area better.

I am happy with Wavebreak - we will be there.

Cheers
Steve.

aquarius
05-04-2003, 05:12 PM
Hi again Folks...Have to agree with Touchy about the last weekend in May....But still prefer the slower tides on the 24th and 25th.
Ive fished the logs quite a few times and i must say the high tides during darkness are much better as you can sit the boat up in shallow water.
Those bream seem to be happy to forage in a few feet of water on the dark nights....the only problem will be tide run so it will be difficult fishing. Lets hope weather is kind to us.
Cheers #Brent
Ps #Lucky Phil will just get back from Fraser in time..lol

Jonno
06-04-2003, 03:09 AM
Touchy I'm with you,

Good to see the next m&g is on the way, can't wait. Have voted the larst weekend in may and i have been out of action with a bung knee, and sooner the better and it's always good to agree to the old man.

See you there guys and gals, Jonno touchy's son

webby
06-04-2003, 12:10 PM
Hi All,
Buy the way the locations is being voted on the end of may seem to be the favorite at prezz.
The only probs is 1. Phill and Brett will be still or on their way back from Fraser, plus poss' a few others.
2. I will be up fishing the contentinal shelf off the top of fraser.
3. Touchy will be assisting in the King of the Pin that weekend.
That leaves none of the organizers of the past M & G 's around.
So if most are still keen on that weekend, someone had better step forward and take control, or select another weekend Fella's.
regards

gruntahunter
10-04-2003, 02:21 PM
hey guys....me and me mad truckdriving mates are going to the bedrooms on the weekend of 17th may....probably bot 5 boats and 10 blokes.
Some of you guys know them from that m&g down the pin last time so maybe we could get together that weekend...just a thought.

craigie
10-04-2003, 02:32 PM
G'day Grunter,

I'll be in Tiger Mullet Channel on the Saturday Night (17th MAY), I'll drop over and see you at some stage on the Sat/Sun.

Webby, any of the M & G locations are fine with me, just say where and when :).

Sav and I will do the next one after this one. We have allready started planning for it.

Cheers
Craigie.

gruntahunter
11-04-2003, 12:23 PM
craigie of course mate.just listen for the drunks mate.domand araby dog probably will be there too i reckon..seeya there matey

caveman
11-04-2003, 01:52 PM
if the location is wave break ware do we leave the our vehicles whiler we are over there

cheers caveman

sav
11-04-2003, 04:17 PM
Craig
Thanks for volunteering me for the "next m&g" mate. I'll be up to it though.
If the weekend suits for the m&g to wavebreak - we'll have to have a chat. I'm keen - but have absolutly no idea where it is and the word "wave" is a bit of a worry.
Catch you
Sav

craigie
12-04-2003, 05:33 AM
Sav,

Sorry mate, but I think 'Webby' had previously nominated us for it ;D Should be a bit of fun and everyone will catch fish where we plan to take them :-[ :-X ???

Wavebreak Island is in the Gold Coast Broadwater at the Western end of the Seaway. It's 'Man Made' with plenty of safe anchorage and quality fishing close at hand.

Talk to you soon,

Craigie.

mon
12-04-2003, 02:02 PM
Are you actually allowed to camp on Wave Break?
If not where?

MON.