PDA

View Full Version : Pound for pound!!!

Sean
08-04-2003, 02:22 PM
Does anyone else out there get pissed off with the way everyone says every fish is 'pound for pound the strongest fighting fish in the ocean'. I've even heard people say it about Tailor, which I think is crap. But just my opinion.

mackmauler
08-04-2003, 03:38 PM
Yep, only when they are bream fishos but lol ;D

CHRIS_aka_GWH
11-04-2003, 09:24 AM
... every fish is 'pound for pound the strongest ...

Dead right Sean it should be Kilo for Kilo - damn it we've been metric since '64 & WHY are rental trailers still measured in feet ??? #;D lol.

I do agree though it is hard to compare apples with oranges.

... I've even heard people say it about Tailor, which I think is crap.

You are being a tad hard on the mighty tailor though. On 12lb line (what's that in kilos chris) I can boat a 3kg mackeral much quicker than a 3kg tailor ( & I lie awake at night dreaming of the knuckle churning run a 3kg whiting would give)

- maybe that's how it starts - the overactive imagination & egos of fishos trying to compare their quarry to the other blokes. Its all in good fun.

cheers,
chris

Maxg
13-04-2003, 10:57 PM
Regardless of the woffle, when it comes to being stubbon, tough and downright heart and muscle busting a GT takes the cake, and it can be very difficult at 50 odd Kgs and 120 game gear. Tuna can be nasty depending on the gear, one catch lately in Tassie was a Southern bluefin of 70 plus pounds, 35kgs like on a 12lb baitcaster out of a 12' punt took 6 hours and went 18kgs out to sea. Also took 2 anglers, and the watter was not flat like. So it depends on what, in what or where, and how big the meeny was. A good bream can be nasty on 1kg line. Cheers Max