PDA

View Full Version : SERVICE

caveman
23-04-2003, 04:36 PM
hi there fellow fishos got the bettter half to take some reels to get them serviced was astounded at the price of a service for reels as they were only cheap reels and it was going to cost more than what they are worth so she rang me to find out wether or not to go ahead with the servicing, the answer was no. I had also asked for a quote on Abu reel and a rod to go with it, the sales person was so annoyed at not getting the business with the servicing , he would not show her a thing in the shop. so much for customer service, not sure about mentioning names but it was at coorparoo :o :o :o

cheers caveman

mackmauler
23-04-2003, 04:52 PM
Old cleveland road? first it was boats and now tackle :o

jaybee
23-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Try a tackle world shop caveman, i use captain blighs at underwood, and have used the tackleworld at Mooloolaba and Rockhampton, even with discounted stuff, they will still go lowwer if u haggle them. never had any complaints, and after sales service has been fantastic. In fact i priced a abu baitcaster at Rockie and underwood matched and dropped $15 of the price. I bought a penn gti and rod at mooloolaba and underwood offered me the same deal with a gimbal..waaaaaa.when they found out..damn i was tempted for another rod and reel.
i am not affilliated with them, just over joyed with their service.
cheers
joe.

caveman
23-04-2003, 04:56 PM
i think it might be a warehouse ;) ;) ;) with tackle in it

davo
23-04-2003, 05:03 PM
Must be the place where the lures are at least $4.00 more expensive than anywhere else.

Heath
23-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Go see Trav, from Springwood Marine ;)

POC
23-04-2003, 05:35 PM
As much as I would really like to vent my spleen at some of the tackle stores mentioned I will say that if I want tackle on the southside I go to Captain Bligh’s. Without fail they have excellent customer service, good prices and advice and yes they are prepared to lower the price if you buy enough.

If I want to buy a custom Sabre rod I go to Don Morgan’s Hooked Up Fishing Tackle at Redcliffe, Don is a true gentleman and it normally takes at least an hour before HE is convinced that the rod is what I want.

Fisheasy
24-04-2003, 05:52 AM
Hi Caveman. Unfortunately it costs about the same to fix a cheap reel as a more expensive reel. Add to that prices for parts which absolutely ridiculous. For example, you want a 50c spring, the tackle shop usually adds their margin, then there's the cost of postage on top of it, handling fees are also charged (by the supplier). Your 50c spring ends up costing something like $10 and it isn't the tackle shop's fault!!
Another thing is that when you start buying cheap reels (especially one offs), parts are usually not readily available for them. You're better off chucking them in the bin!!!
Poor service? There are plenty of other shops willing to take your money and offer friendly service and advice!

Jeremy
24-04-2003, 09:16 AM
you should be able to get reels serviced for around $15 for spinning reels up to $25 for overheads. That is a reasonable price for the time it would take. If your reels were cheaper than that, then you are better off just getting new ones.

There is a particular individual at the store in question who I ave found particularly arrogant and unfriendly. I think his old man used to have a farm! The other guys there are OK though.

Jeremy