PDA

View Full Version : SERVICING PRICE

caveman
23-04-2003, 05:04 PM
JUST WONDERING WHAT YOU GUYS & GALS PAY FOR GETTING YOUR REELS SERVICED

landy1
23-04-2003, 05:25 PM
Service
is that where you take them out the front and hose them ;D if so i charge $300 per reel. I service my reels myself (yes go on play with the inuendo) oh crap where did that spring go, curse this shag pile carpet.
cheers
Michael

craigie
24-04-2003, 01:32 PM
I'm useless so I take mine to Tackle Wherehouse where I pay about $35.00 for a Baitcaster/Overhead. Parts are extra :'(.

I've been happy with the servicing and will continue to use this store.

Cheers
Craigie.

landy1
24-04-2003, 01:47 PM
That doesnt sound to bad Craigie. How often do you get them done. now that i have started buying better quality gear ill have to start thinking about this. Next question do you know if they fix slightly squashed fly reels that got accidently run over in the garage :-[
cheers
Michael

craigie
24-04-2003, 02:22 PM
Hi Michael,

My reels are serviced very infrequently (only when I can't wind the handle any more :o ;D) so I get good value out of my servicing. Some of my reels have only had one service in 5 years others have been rebuilt twice in 3 years.

I'm sure they would have a crack at your Fly Reel .

regards
Craig.

landy1
24-04-2003, 02:45 PM
G'day Graigie
I think that particular reel is a lost cause. interstingly enough i ran over two reels at the same time a jarvis walker and a shimano. the shimano needed a little straightening out but is fine and the other is completely cactus. guess that shows that landrovers are heavy. ;D
I have just bought a nice new ABU 6500 to replace my old shimano bantam baitcaster so i will have to pay someone to service it as its beyond me. On another note the warehouse sells some great flies but their gear is generally a bit dearer. I just cant go past those flies though guess im a sucker :D
cheers
Michael

mackmauler
24-04-2003, 04:23 PM
G'day Graigie

I have just bought a nice new ABU 6500 to replace my old shimano bantam baitcaster so i will have to pay someone to service it as its beyond me.
cheers
Michael

You have a landy, you must be able to fix things ;)

cheers
Rob

landy1
24-04-2003, 04:48 PM
Yes i am but only if i can use a hammer and a big shovel ;D
Cheers
Michael