PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Buying

Breamreeper
30-04-2003, 11:04 AM
As discussed a few times, it seems that we are all seeking fair prices on everything from insurance to buying tackle, boats, clothing etc etc. A total of 2755 members discussing 5324 topics with 29362 post seems extrordinary. Who amongs us is involved in business that would be interested in marketing their services to such an audience. Maybe if the administrators of the site can give a credible tick of approval to proposed vendors this would eliminate the shonks.

Just a thought

Reeper

reel_screamer
01-05-2003, 06:21 PM
I'm in the related market place and if I gave only 2755 customers what they could call a fair price I would not be there next month.
Businesses need to make a dollar, to put food on the table just as those on wages make a hourly rate,we need to, not to mention overheads.
As for shonks, everyone needs to know where and what they are getting for there hard WORKED for dollar. There are plenty of ways of dealing with business houses like them.
I like reading what is happening in the world of fishing lets keep it this.
If you need to use our site to premote your business you needed help before now.

Breamreeper
02-05-2003, 04:06 AM
Mate get ya facts straight before you attack. I am in Fruit and vegetables, which has nothing to do with fishing. As a very successfull business person I do not and would not solicit business through these sort of sites. The power of many has been around for a long time and if you were up to date with your own business tecniques you would have seen recently a small thing called the Dawson report for small business. Where in my transmission did I ask for business. If you do not wish to get better deals and service keep your opinions to yourself and do ya homework

drevil
02-05-2003, 05:03 AM
Don't sweat it, Breamreeper.

I'm not even sure what reel_screamer said. As with many of his posts, what he says is not very clear. Maybe it was a comment rather than a personal attack.

Beggsy
02-05-2003, 05:28 AM
Breamreaper,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you suggesting that Ausfish contacts a bunch of suppliers, lets them know how many potential customers they represent, checks out their credentials, and goes for a "bulk" price for certain items.
Then they post a list of "Ausfish approved" businesses ???

If so, I'd certainly support this.

Breamreeper
02-05-2003, 06:06 AM
Goodonya Beggsy, we already have companies approved by the administrators. All I was saying is that maybe there were members of the site that are in fishing related business ventures.Certainly there is gain for everybody involved, we as members gain through proffessional services and equiptment offered, and those that are using correct business protocols are rewarded with loyal custom. The tick of approval certainly worked for the heart foundation.

banshee
02-05-2003, 12:50 PM
I don't think this concept would work.In my opinion no one buys some thing just because it is cheap.If I buy a rod or a reel I want to pick it up and inspect it,then I want that particular item not one that is not subject to the same scrutiny.My local sports store to date has matched or beaten any price from the major discounters,this has taken some wrangling on my part and we have an understanding.Why would I want to screw him over for a few bucks on the dearer items and probably pay more for hooks and the like(postage)? My next point may offend some people,so be it.I have read a lot of fishing publications in my time,I have yet to see a bad report on anything,even a leading fibre glass boat manufacturer that has a woe full record with their gell coating still recieves glowing reports in every test that is run on their boats,so how would I know that any "ticks" posted here were not a case of some one pissing in some one's pocket?I am affraid I'm with Reel-Screamer on this one,keep it on fishing.

Sean
02-05-2003, 02:23 PM
I personally think that that is the best thing about this site, you can ask peoples opinion on something and you get a 'real' opinion, not one paid for, If people think something is shit they can tell you with no reprocussions. :)

reel_screamer
03-05-2003, 05:18 PM
Gee wizz sorry breamreeper. If you bite that easy I'd hate to complaining about a peice of bad fruit in your very successfull business.
To me this site should be left for fisherpersons that want to chat about matters to do with fishing. I don't want to be wasting time looking at posts only to find its someone trying to get numbers together to screw the ass out of some poor bugger to buy bulk product of something I don't want. I know this site needs adds to run but as for endorsing products most of this is how good do you want me to make it sound.(how much are you paying) I use nearly all Shimano gear, love it,swear by it. Thanks to the guys at Dunphy sport have never payed much for any (if anything) other gear may be OK but if I want more product why would I back any others.
Through carefull negotiation with your local bloke any person can get just as good a deal as Banshee and then you'll gain great after sales service and good discounts on future business.
YES drevil it was just a comment, if I was to attack you I could say "your very successfull business is not the type that people buy in bulk and beat the price around at the point of sale, but mostly small bits and pay full price. (in a retail situation anyway) I sorry if you you don't think your getting the best deals with your buying dollar but maybe it's your people skills?"