PDA

View Full Version : old lady island

grey_inflatable
08-05-2003, 06:32 PM
hi alll

im off to old lady island off mooloolaba .i guess fishing between them.

Is there a reef about that distance off which will give the boys a feed .

what fish r in the area from the mooloolaba and the island and what rigs should i use.

should we troll or just drift with floating ,live bait balloons shit its just to much . or should we bottom bash with mullet strips (from coles )

and of course only if the weather is good

sorry about it been so long ,,,,, and any feedback will be cool.

craigie
09-05-2003, 08:56 AM
Mate, it sounds to me like your talking about 'Old Woman Island' just north of the river mouth of the Maroochy River.

Don't forget all the compulsory safety gear in if your heading out there in the 'Rubber Duck' !!!!

Cheers
Craigie.

Lachie1
09-05-2003, 02:34 PM
Yeah "old woman island" or Mudjimba island is what i think u mean??? There is reef alround the island and it holds good sweetlip, parrot and other reef fish. There is also good squid there if you know what to do. The bottom is very up and down so search around till u find a good spot. Bottom bashing is the go but send down a floater and it could pay off. ;) The fishing is better up off coolum but the island is not too bad. You will find a feed and its quite interistin island to look at.

Alternatively you could try the inner gneerings. Do a search on this site on old woman island and you mite find an old report or two. 8)

Cheers, Lachie

gruntahunter
09-05-2003, 02:40 PM
mate anywhere due east of old women from 100 metres to a kilometre you,ll find good reefs with ashit load of grasses down there.But watch the weather mate as it does blow up out there and dont use maroochy bar unless you know it which obviously you dont know the area so dont use it.

grey_inflatable
09-05-2003, 07:33 PM
ha cheers chaps

u were all right sorry about the mud island bit. must have been late ,all these long week .ha

so the old island sounds good, heard of surfes going there for a ride its a good padle .

i stay at coolum heaps so flat at times how far off are they how far out those reefs off coolum,its not so much further than old lady ,close to the beach.

shit all i want is to catch big fish

Lachie1
10-05-2003, 01:38 PM
off the point at coolum and up and down the coast there is reefs everywhere prettymuch. you just go out and find a spot u want upto 10km atleast off coolum the reefs go and near the rocks is reef.

Cheers, LAchie