PDA

View Full Version : Ausfish Weather!

Fitzy
11-05-2003, 05:17 PM
Good to see that our fearless leader Steve has got the Ausfish weather page up & running for all to see. I know he's put a fair bit of effort into getting it up & running. Pretty handy info.
http://www.ausfish.com.au/ws/

I'll be the 1st to say thanks Steve.

Fitzy..

krazyfisher
11-05-2003, 07:00 PM
The page looks great I wish I could get a layout like that for where I am it would be great. once again very very good

Ron_Collins
11-05-2003, 10:38 PM
Hi Steve

I'm with Garry and Crazyfisher on this one. The Ausfish Weather Page looks particularly good. You've done well to work with lots of black, as it's not an easy colour to use in bulk.

It's great that the majority of the key information is on the first part of the page, leaving surfers the option of browsing further if they are into a longer range form of planning, compared with an almost immediate departure strategy.

The only question I have is about the wind direction arrow. When I looked early this morning it semed to be pointing in the opposite direction to what it should have been. I've been know to be wrong on many occasion in the past, so would appreciate your comments in due course.

Once again, well done. We'll do our best to plug it this morning on 4BC, and again in next month's BNB Fishing.

I've been doing my best to work in good cross promotion involving Ausfish, 4BC and BNB over the past few months and I hope that's OK with you. It seems to be fairly well received with readers and web users.

Let me know if you think I'm taking it too far as I don't want to offend anyone. All the best for now. Ron Collins.

Brett_Finger
12-05-2003, 02:25 AM
Ron,
mate just my 2 bob's worth on the Ausfish - 4BC - BNB trio,from an outside point i see the 3 players complmenting each other perfectly !!
with 3 great mediums working toughter for the greater good.
Hookin,Brett :)

SteveCan
12-05-2003, 03:10 AM
Ron,
mate just my 2 bob's worth on the Ausfish - 4BC - BNB trio,from an outside point i see the 3 players complmenting each other perfectly !!
with 3 great mediums working toughter for the greater good.
Hookin,Brett #:)

As a Member, a Listener and a Subscriber - I reckon it's a great combination! I feel lucky to have so much information focussed on the areas where I fish!

Cheers
Steve.

Lucky_Phill
12-05-2003, 05:30 AM
Yes Steve, we think you've done it again ! well done.

Re:- the Trio situation.

The 4BC show gives listeners the opportunity to have a chat, gather up to the minute info, and of course listen to the banter between the DJ's ( ;D ) Ron and Dave.

The BnB mag, as we all know, is the best value for money mag around. From the editing down to the corrospondents, the info is alarmingly good ::).

And to this site, our fearless leader Steve, has made this one of the fastest growing sites ( number of members ), and has brought the info & news together perfectly.

All the above media's rely on advertising to some degree, and I believe that it has not gone over the top, or intruded too far into the principal of the relative media. This is wholey, and soley due to the people at the top.

From the top down, the mainstay of the media's has been to promote fishing, as a Family Sport, Sustainable Sport and a most enjoyable sport for all. This thread has woven it's way throughout the mag, show and site. This has in turn lead to the " Modernday Fisherman ", and that fisherman is Informed.

Informed, as in, knowing the Rules & Regs, Safety Concious, Catch and Release Orientated, Fish Indentification, which leads to the Modern Fisherman, who is the changing face of fishing in Australia.

Cheers Phill

CHRIS_aka_GWH
12-05-2003, 06:27 AM
steve,

where is the "Tree-ometer" (the picture of the trees) located - is it a live pic?

I've got a similar Tree-ometer (logan rivergum brand) behind our house. Can detect a southerly change before the seabirds.

The weather page is good stuff - would be handy to have a brief prediction on the same page though.

chris

imported_admin
12-05-2003, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

Ron
Not quite sure what you mean by the wind direction pointing the wrong way. The wind direction arrow points to the point on the compass that the wind is coming from. Also states the direction under the compass with the wind speed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the cross promotion goes, I agree with the above comments.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertising
There are banner ads on the chat boards, but there is no paid advertising. The banner ads on the chat board mainly link to pages on this site. This chat board is funded soley by sales of product from the rest of the site. The main reason for this is to ensure that the chat boards don't end up in a situation where an advertiser can dictate what is said or not said about their product or service.

Big_Kev
12-05-2003, 01:33 PM
Reel good Steve.
Cheers Kev.

WHITTO
12-05-2003, 03:31 PM
Great Weather page Ausfish,Thanks very much,Good Fishin 2U All Cheers Whitto 8) 8) 8)

Derek Bullock
12-05-2003, 05:40 PM
Great stuff Steve

I'm still in Kosovo but this is the best place I know of where I can check the weather back home.

Cheers.

Derek

imported_admin
12-05-2003, 06:21 PM
Derek

You must be due to return home soon ?

How are things going in Kosovo, what is the weather in Kosovo like at this time of year?

Derek Bullock
12-05-2003, 09:19 PM
Steve

Two weeks to go #http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm12.gif http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm12.gif http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm12.gif
It's turning to summer now. #Temperature around 30 degrees. #Just a bit better than the minus 15 that it was during winter. Still some snow up in the mountains though

I'll be looking at selling some slightly used woollen long johns when I get back.

Cheers.

Derek

Dominator
13-05-2003, 06:45 AM
Just had a look at the weather page and can say I am very impressed, I can even understand it. :D :D

Good work Steve.

Cheers,

Dominator.