PDA

View Full Version : Fishing around Darwin

TroopySteve
15-05-2003, 05:16 AM
I'm heading to Darwin the first week of July, but unfortunately will be land based. Can anyone help with some places around Darwin (say within 100kms) where I can fish land based (i.e. without becoming croc bait ;D ).

Also I'll be returning via Roper Bar, Boorooloola, and Hell Gate Roadhouse, so any land based spots along that road would be appreciated.

caveman
15-05-2003, 01:55 PM
try buffalo creek about 10mins out of darwin

iank
15-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Mate,
Drop me an email at rex88@hotkey.net.au I will give you my contact number and give you the info you want, to much to post here. You did not say what style of fishing you do as knowing that opens some areas but closes off others.
Ian

Jewmaster
16-05-2003, 04:18 AM
Mate, I would recomend Hiring a boat, You can hire boats fom Dundee beach, 15ft, 25 hp about $150 for the day this one includes a sounder. You hire boats from Crab Claw ISland, which runs into Bynoe harbour for about $130.00 a day and they don't have a sounder. You can hire a punt from the Howard River for $100. a day, no sounder. Alot of the major boar ramps and fishing lodges offer cost effective boat hire.

You can also hire boats in town and tow them to whereever you want, about $150.00 a day, includes sounder.

The best thing about Dundee is that you don't get your feet wet, you rock up, hop in the boat with your gear on dry land, they launch the boat for you with you in it and off you go and its the same when you come back, they pull you back in, you ofload your fishing gear and walk away, they clean the boat ect.

There are alot of land based spots but the boat hire gives you some other options.