PDA

View Full Version : Big Sunday

mackmauler
19-05-2003, 03:53 PM
Surf was up today :o I can only imagine what the bars were like a few days ago, Captain "reel hard" did a fine job to bring us home alive from the straddie trip today, there were some very big waves, After seeing the boat capsize on the seaway via tv tonight and hearing it was a 5.5m Im sure glad we knew what we were doing, after all we were in a 4.6 and south passage at present is a challenge, look forward to the next trip Kev, might bring the boogie boards as well, just in case ;)
Rob

Big_Kev
20-05-2003, 02:30 PM
I can only say Rob we are a bit more confident now we are safely back on the dry stuff but, we had some serious looks on our faces when we were punching through those breakers and drenched to the bone.
Next time its like that we will have to were our bathers so we can have a quick swim in the boat.
Both Rob and myself could not get over the difference between being outside the bar in a stiff NW wind with chop and big swell and inside being calm and almost perfect.
Timed it to come in right on the top of the tide to be sure of the best run with plenty of water after a trip out like that.
Got a feed of Squire/Snapper.
Rob you left some stuff in the boat as well will catch you up.
Cheers Kev

Lucky_Phill
21-05-2003, 04:04 PM
" White water, white water, everywhere ". ;D :o ::) :o

glad ya made it back boys ;)

Phill

Jack_Lives_Here
22-05-2003, 08:08 AM
Even Bribie was standing up in close. We ventured in close a couple of times but got a crook neck from looking back all the time hoping a big one wouldn't stand up on us.

Volvo
22-05-2003, 02:13 PM
:)Yep same here , glad ta see yez got back safe n sound fella's.
Missus n i had a long Monday night with a quite a strong Norwester blowin n had ta anchor up nice n close to Masthead for the night, wouda been not too bad had the fish takin pity on us n come on the chew lol.
Come early Tuesday morning slow trip back home :), never mind its gunna be better tommorow ;D.
Cheers

Heath
22-05-2003, 04:53 PM
Mackmauler,

It was infact a 6.0m JBS Marine CenterCab

mackmauler
22-05-2003, 05:12 PM
Do you know those guys Heath? Someone has got to give them a few tips before there next attempt ::)
Rob

grey_inflatable
28-05-2003, 04:18 PM
gee chaps that all does not sound like fun i thought there was no wind on sunday why the sea so big

mackmauler
28-05-2003, 09:06 PM
That was the 18th of may, the wind was sou west 10-15 offshore and the swell was east at about 1.5-2 inshore.

rakinray
30-05-2003, 03:30 PM
Good to see all safe i also went out in my 4.55 thru the sea way with the forcast of 10 to 15 knots, headed for 36s off jumpinpin by the time we arrived the 10 to 15 had become 20 to 25 sw and was very ordinary.The 2 to 3 mtr swell would have been ok without the stiff s/wester,tried to get a fish and run but the weather beat us so headed back for the 40 min run which took us an hour and a half >:( to find the big sets breaking thru the sea way so picked a small one and sneaked in behind happy to be home safe and sound ;D. Only the second time ive seen the seaway break like that so will expect the worst next time. cheers all RAKINRAY