PDA

View Full Version : Ausfish Meet/Greet 28-29th June Currigee

webby
21-04-2003, 04:25 PM
Hi All, Just refreshing to let you no its still on.
Currigee #(Refer Map)
Dates # 28-29th June # New Moon #30th
Tides # Fri # low # 2.00pm # # #High # 8.30pm
# # # # #Sat #low # 2.50am # # #High # 8.15am
# # # # # # # # low # 2.30pm # # High # #9.00pm
# # # # #Sun #low # 3.30am # # High # #9.00am
# # # # # # # # low # 3.00pm
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Camp Fees #There is a camp fee per night, payable to the
# # # # # # # # #Ranger.
Whats Supplied- #BBQ------Fly
BYO---Tucker/drinks #and if your camping some firewood.
There are some other bbq there plus tables/seats.
Need a Lift-- #P.Msg # Me #or # Phill
C U #There.

webby
22-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Hi All,
Just refreshing to say its still on.
regards

CHRIS_aka_GWH
23-05-2003, 09:43 AM
brian,
whoever researched THAT weekend for THATlocation is a friggin genius. Its got something for everyone. Tailor tide on the beach (which is holding form incidently). bream tide inside around the timbers, mid morning high on the flats of crab island for the dark & mysterious practice of flyfishing.

I've never been to a M&G but I was going to be on the beach at straddie on the Sat night anyway, I'll just try #to get away from work early so I can meet a couple of you blokes before walking the walk. Should be some very nice fish come in, including some BIG pumped up bream looking for lurv.

seeyainthesurf,

chris

landy1
23-05-2003, 12:46 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Oh the anticipation
Ive put in a request for time off from work that weekend, i said i would go mad if i missed it.
Ill have to start stocking up on green ginger wine before the boys buy out the supply.
Seems like its also a good excust to pop along to the tackle shop with a fat wad of cash.
cheers
Michael

Lucky_Phill
23-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Just when I thought it was gone, here comes another M&G.

Right location, right time, right tide, right on !

It just so happens, I'll be there.............

youz can leave that Green Death at home ::) :P

phill

landy1
23-05-2003, 05:09 PM
G'day all
Whose bringing what gear, ill have a tent and a tarp and an esky.
cheers
Michael

Big-D
24-05-2003, 07:46 AM
Hi All,well i hope to see all the good folks there with some good green death ;D.I must not forget the rods,boat,tent and warm cloths.
peter. ;D

Big_Kev
24-05-2003, 01:42 PM
I can see a cold night warmed up with a couple of Rumsmmmm
Cheers Kev

webby
24-05-2003, 03:39 PM
Well it looks like we have a leader (Chris) for the long rod brigade, i'm sure he will lead the expedition across the dunes for those wanting a wet leg in the surf at night
(Big tailor and those big silvery buggers).
What do you reckon Chris, You a capable leader ;D

All we need now is a leader for the offshore brigade, for those into the depths of fishing.(weather permitting that is) ???

The estuary fisho shouldnt have any trubs, with the options available that weekend.

Fred, Phill and Big-D can lead the campsite brigade ;D
BBQ/Fly will be supplied, Byo Tucker/Food/Green death and your winter woolies.
Anyone landlocked and needing a lift, let us no and we can arrange a lift, or there should be a few spare deckies needed on a few rigs.
More as the time nears.
We'll see what Mr Ausfish and Bush & Beach can dig up ;D
regards

caveman
24-05-2003, 04:20 PM
OK HERES A DUMB QUESTION FROM A FRESHY HOW DO WE GET THERE, IN ABOAT OR CAR ?? WHAT FISHING GEAR DO I NEED ??

CHEERS CAVEMAN

peterbo3
24-05-2003, 04:57 PM
Webby,
Pls confirm that the site is at the map location marked "camp" or is it another spot?

landy1
25-05-2003, 09:40 AM
Hey Caveman
depends what sort of car youve got. the campsites on an island but a landrover would make it at low tide ;D
but seriously this ones a boat connection, im sure someone will be willing to offer lifts.
cheers
Michael

Big_Kev
25-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Landrover would make it at low tide eh.
Only if it was being towed by a Nissan Patrol.
Kev ;D ;D

caveman
25-05-2003, 03:47 PM
i have a boat just need someware to leave the car

adriancorrea
25-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Hey Caveman
You could always put the car on the roof rack of the land rover or the nissan patrol and get it across to the campsite [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

Tight Lines
Adrian

caveman
25-05-2003, 06:14 PM
;) granted guys the patrol is a good rig but does it have the power of a v6 triton ;D i think not lol maybe you guys nwill need a tow to get there hehehehe [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

landy1
25-05-2003, 11:43 PM
;D
maybe i should just hook straddie up to the back of the landy and tow it to the mainland, its a deisel after all.
;D
cheers
Michael

Jonno
26-05-2003, 12:58 PM
Webby if the weather premits, the offshore option sounds great. Haven't fished out from the sea way for years. Don't forget every one, bring some green death (green ginger wine) as touchy and big D drink it like it's going out of fashion. Lucky phil tried some just just couldn't handle the pace. Counting down the days til the meet and greet, seeya's there with bells on.

Webby I'll speak to tuchy to see if he needs my help to set up base camp

Big_Kev
26-05-2003, 02:10 PM
Michael please post picture of landrover.
Will do up a poster and we will sell tickets of landrover towing south straddie to mainland.
Many people will pay big dollars to see that.
Can put the funds towards aforementioned fishing club.
LOL Kev

webby
26-05-2003, 04:24 PM
Hi Peter,
The camp site is approx on the map, there is a ranger house/showers and some table type chairs setup around it.
Nearly directly across from the red at the bottom of little crab.
Few of us will be over friday so if coming shouldnt miss it.
Mostly likely the Ausfish Banner will be up also.
regards

spinna
26-05-2003, 04:49 PM
Well i hope you all have a great time and good fishing to all. But as for your vehicle choice i have had landies nissans and been in some tritons and have a cruiser (the landies win hands down)

cheers spinna ;) 8) ( go the blues ::) :o ;D :D

landy1
26-05-2003, 07:19 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
good man spinna
cheers ;D
Michael

Dundisme
26-05-2003, 09:31 PM
ummmmmm is this open to all members??/ (new etc etc etc)

damn hope so!

landy1
26-05-2003, 09:58 PM
yep every tom dick and henrietta.
the more the merrier, purpose is to put faces to names and have a good fish. ive only made it to one so far but had a ball.
cheers
Michael

sav
29-05-2003, 04:55 PM
Webby
Not sure if my boat is up to the trip. Whats the closest boat ramp to get to Curigee and how far.
I'll have to check the situation at home but I'm keen.
I'll come self contained except for the green death - gave that crap up in the 70's. I've upped the ante to Scotch.
Hopefully......

Keep fishing
Sav

webby
30-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Hi SaV,
Looks like cressy is still the same ;D
Few ramps around the runaway bay area, only about 1km across to curriggee.
Lets know if your coming and if now tinny, have room.
Though the bearded (oops clean shaven) fella would take you under his protection.
Should be good weekender.
regards

craigie
31-05-2003, 10:45 AM
I'm more the 'Stubbly ' one at the moment ;D
Pop in at my place Sav and come along with me.
We should be able to score a feed of Bream around the 'Logs' or we can chase some 'Big Stuff' around the seaway Pipline ? Cheers Craig.

gcbfc
01-06-2003, 03:12 AM
I live on Bayview Street on a canal less than a couple of KM's from Curidgee.

There are one or two boat ramps close by and of course the one at the Marina (400M from my place).

I will be trying to get across in my boat late in the afternoon on the Saturday with any luck, so if someone needs a lift over for a drink (cant stay long) then send me a private message.

Cheers

Wayne

CHRIS_aka_GWH
01-06-2003, 12:14 PM
welllll, sounds like we all have a place to sleep if it rains - very kind of you Wayne. Tell me - have you got cable ?

lol ;D

chris

Lucky_Phill
02-06-2003, 12:01 PM
Well we'tr back in the land of the livin, and I see a few more posts here.

Still be there at this stage baring lotto wins.

Prefer people NOT to launch at Biggera Creek ramp, as security is lousy and more often than not, you'll get broken into over the weekend.

I say the Spit Ramp or Paradise Point, Grand Hotel, of Sundale Bridge ramp.

Depending on weather, depends on what size boat goes. Offshore would be OK, but the night around the logs and the deep hole will produce a bucket or two of Breams.

Tailor should be crankin on the beach.

Cheers Phill

gcbfc
03-06-2003, 07:02 AM
Motel Rates set at $400 a head per night if it rains !

For that rate I'll GET cable !

Cheers

Wayne