PDA

View Full Version : Light sticks

Fisherman02
19-05-2003, 09:23 AM
hey fellas
tryed out those checmical light sticks for night fishing and boy do they work! Has anyone else had any experiences with them
cheers jack
p.s great for tailor

adriancorrea
19-05-2003, 10:04 AM
Hi jack
I used to do a bit of fishing for tailor at night on windang island in sydney and we used to fish for them with floats these star lights are great for seeing your float out in the dark.
Up here in brissy ive only ever used them once and they were the type to hook on the tip of your rod to see the bites while in the boat
Great invention and even better to put them to use for fishing.

Tight Lines
Adrian

Fisherman02
19-05-2003, 10:18 AM
hey adrian
yeh we rigged them just infront of the pillie to light it up and the tailor couldn't get enough
cheers jack

adriancorrea
19-05-2003, 10:23 AM
Jack,Well ive never used them like that before, guess I'll have to give them ago that way.
But i would have thought that would deter the fish, But like I said never used them in that way.
Anyone else have any opinions on this???

Tight Lines
Adrian

webby
19-05-2003, 03:41 PM
Lumo beads are better onto of the hook, use them all the time.
regards

BurdekinBob
19-05-2003, 11:36 PM
Brother and I rigged them just above the bait last time we overnighted at the reef and got a double hook-up of cobia off the bottom.
Bob

bashman12
04-06-2003, 12:54 AM
hey get the big buggers from disposal stores drill two holes in the thick plastic (one at each end), one swivel, one treble, great lure. they come in all ranges of colours and sizes. put em in the freezer till next time can be used 3-4 times. Don't laugh just try ;D