PDA

View Full Version : what, how and when to catch

adamleah
05-06-2003, 05:54 PM
Hi guys,
I am going out early morning monday and was wondering if anyone out there can give us a hand on deciding where to go..
I have been trying off wello point / ormiston reefs in the last month and come up pretty damn unsucessful..
If anyone has tips or even better GPS points for spots around green or else where it would be fantastic.

I have a 17ft haines so can go pretty much anywhere...

thanks in advance

adam

mackmauler
05-06-2003, 07:22 PM
Adam, ive got some gps marks for the 50s off moreton you can have. No guarantee of fish though, just a start.Rob

jaybee
05-06-2003, 07:33 PM
well once you round the red on the top end (green) head for sth passage look over ya stern until the water tank is above the three pine trees then do a u bolt and head for it on a compass bearing as the tank will disappear. or try this 27.25.500 153.14.717 be warned the waters are shallow and this is off my mark. I will not be responsible for any damage incurred by using these marks. but it is the general area.

adamleah
06-06-2003, 02:05 AM
I havent taken the boat offshore as of yet... but am getting it set up to do such trips...

Thinking of doing a Bob Corten Course first and then taking some mates who have crossed the bar a few times....Cant wait till I am floating out on the wide blue yonder!!!!

When you say shallow Jaybee.... How shallow???? and what do you chase in this territory?

Thanks for the help

ADAM

jaybee
06-06-2003, 03:28 AM
Hi adam
out the back of green can go from 5 mtrs to 0 fairly quick some big rocks out there, depending on the tides and wind i usually fish between the 3 n 5 mtr mark, squire, sweetlip, tailor,the odd mackerel, cod sometimes plenty o grinners n sharks. but then you can have days where you will get zilch, life is like that eh, i maybe going out next thurs or friday nite will pm u if i do, if you would like to tag along.
cheers.

adamleah
06-06-2003, 11:05 AM
any chance for a fish sounds perfect for me....

I am thinking of going out early tommorrow morning as well for a trial run ... Its my day off ;D ;D ;D ;D

jaybee
06-06-2003, 12:26 PM
my day off as well but have to fit the new sounder and have some running around to do mite see how i go, if i get everything done by 3 mite nip off to green for a couple o hrs. where r u planning leaving from i use wynnum creek.
cheers.

Terry
06-06-2003, 02:10 PM
Asam I fish Green regulary have caught squire to 4kg last week average 1.5kg. Find the highest tree sourthern end of Green fish inline with this right on the drop of first hour of the run out tide no promises but should do all right. Use medium sized whole squid and green king prawns for best result.
Good luck Terry.

grey_inflatable
06-06-2003, 05:18 PM
ha all
i might be out there friday just have to check the weather but if u see a inflatable well shit it will be me
hoper see u out there]