PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Log

budgie
23-05-2003, 04:59 PM
Hi,
Does anyone have a basic fishing database on computer? If so where/how can i get it?
Cheers Budgie

Heath
23-05-2003, 06:48 PM
There are a few about. Ken Fox fishing log & Fishing Buddy. Fishing buddy is a pretty good application.

I still use my old faithfull excel spreadsheet.

Record all manner of stuff in relation to the trip. Turns up some pretty good stats after you have been doing it for a while.

When I get around to it, I'll try & pump all 250 + records into Fishing Buddy, to see what sort of data I can pull out of it.

TJH
26-05-2003, 03:29 AM
I posted this question earlier and there was no replies re the Fishing Log by Ken Fox I have seen advertised.
It doesn't seem as if anyone from the Ausfish network has used it at all, though it's been advertised for a while!!

jaybee
26-05-2003, 03:59 AM
I use flog by ken fox find it a very easy database, the upgrade now allows you to hook the gps up to it [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] let me know if you need kens contact. have attached a piccy to give you an idea. It also has best solunar times, tide times etc plus you can enter your catch of the day.
cheers.

jaybee
26-05-2003, 04:10 AM
heres another shot

ozdevil
26-05-2003, 06:25 PM
gday all

I would have to agree with jaybee there ken foxs program is a pretty good i find it very useful specially with tides and plugging in my gps spots....and recording my fish catches...

here is Ken foxs details on how to get a copy of the fishing log program

Product: #Fishing Log
Designer: #Ken Fox
Postal: #29 Braeside Avenue, Seacombe Heights, SA, 5047
Voice Phone: #08 8298 4527
Email: #kfox@ozemail.com.au

cheers
ozdevil

Willo
27-05-2003, 01:49 PM
Hi All
I'm another who uses Ken Fox's Fishing Log.Been using it for over 3 years now without any probs.Ken is also very helpful over the phone ,Ihad a computer crash on me a while ago and thought I had lost a lot of Fishing log files but with his help was able to recover most of them.The program has its own back up system which I regulary use NOW.

landy1
27-05-2003, 02:17 PM
G'day all
how much does that program cost
cheers
Michael

Willo
27-05-2003, 02:36 PM
Hi Micheal
I payed $99 for mine about 3 years ago.think it still about the same Give him a ring nice guy to talk to, or email for a price .When I got mine,I got a trial run before i bought it

TJH
08-06-2003, 10:21 AM
I just got back from working away and just caught up with the mail. Thanks for your feedback I'll be getting a copy of fishing log soon.

TonyM
09-06-2003, 05:28 PM
If you're interested in finding out more about Fishing Buddy check out www.idealists.com/fishingbuddy

I wrote the Fishing buddy software - Feel free to drop me an email if you have any questions. You can download it and try it out for free, if you like it you can then register it for $40

Cheers
Tony

TJH
10-06-2003, 01:25 PM
Tony
Have seen your reply in time. I have downloaded your programme and will check out over the next week.
Cheers & thanks

TonyM
10-06-2003, 04:55 PM
Cool Terry.

Let me know how you go.