PDA

View Full Version : Gladstone to Noosa

BULLDOG
11-06-2003, 02:18 PM
Gday all...
Im after a little help from the Queensland contingent on here. :-*
In a few weeks Im off on a liveaboard charter on a boat called Mikat out of Gladstone.
After that I was going to have a poke around driving between Gladstone and Noosa for 3 or 4 days.
Where would you blokes recommend to throw some lures for if possible , Barra and similar.
Ill only have a hire car and a couple of baitcasters so Fraser isnt really practicle.
Awoonga Dam I have heard good reports of but Im not to clued up on when there is a chance for a Barra etc.
Hows Noosa fish this time of year ??
Thanks for any replies, much appreciated.

Craig

mackmauler
11-06-2003, 03:16 PM
Hey Bulldog, you couldn't of picked a worse time, id try flicking rubber tails around the flats at noosa might be some flathead or trevs around.

BULLDOG
12-06-2003, 05:32 AM
Thanks Mackmauler..... Ill definatley be taking some plastics with me so I might spend more time in around Noosa in a hire tinny having a crack there for a few days.
I didnt think my chances of a Barra were that flash..bugger.
Is there any other rough spots you would recommend between Gladstone and Noosa ?
Any decent charter operators out of Noosa for a day outside ?
Thanks again.

Craig

mackmauler
12-06-2003, 05:43 AM
Gday Craig, have you seen the website, fishingnoosa.com.au? they seem to produce the goods.. sorry can't help any further, Rob

Lachie1
12-06-2003, 05:51 AM
Bulldog, One spot thats between Bundy and Gladstone that would definately be worth trying would be Eurimbula National Park. The nearest town is 1770 and this Nat Park has some bloody great fishing, Jacks trevs, bream ,flatties, cod, etc, etc - bloody everything. Would highly reccomend it. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Cheers, Lachie

maccaril
12-06-2003, 06:27 AM
bulldog
stop in and see the boy's at salty's tackle store in bundaberg. they will put you onto the best fishing and charters in the area
rob

nhoj
12-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Craig,
Harvey Bay is worth a look. http://www.fishntales.com/
Nhoj