PDA

View Full Version : Live bait,(MUD)

rakinray
12-06-2003, 03:27 PM
G/day fellow fishos im heading out to mud early sunday morn (about 4.00am ) :o and would like to know where i could get some livies,and or some squid on my way out.I will be leaving from manly ramp,would really appreciate some help as its only my second trip out there.P.S if anyone else is out that way on sunday ill be in the white and tan cox craft with the 60 mariner say g/day!gonna start between the nth east cardinal and the sth east cardinal CHEERS RAY.

Lucky_Phill
12-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Well Touchy and Brian, this ones for you..............

Phill

webby
13-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Hi, Never launched from manly, so dont no whats on the way up.
But livies can be collected at the concrete block that juts out from luggage point on the inside, or the "elliot" generally has a few, or the banks north of the elliot (ship wreck).
The beacons out from the coffee pots holds them at times also, but you may have to try a few to find them.
If you can throw a cast net, the cardinal on the top of the western side on the rocky outcrop, hardihead. herring and a few other generally hold near the point.
Otherwise try jigging the red beacon on the top of mud.
Another place you can try in the small bay on the n/e corner you can only get in a half to full and get out the same time. try cast netting in this lagoon.
hope that helps.
regards

rakinray
15-06-2003, 07:06 PM
Me again just want to say thanks webby and co,i will put your advice to the test in the morn (sunday) heres hoping for a nice knobby,will post a review on the trip next week thanks again ;D RAY

rick k
15-06-2003, 07:10 PM
luggage point Webby. Good spot for blind mullet?

nice graffiti on the top of those two big pipes that are the er, fundamental orifice of Brisbane. I fish in Nundah creek and eat the fish from there, so the Brissie shouldn't bother me. But I can't fish too close to that dual sphincter at Luggage point.

What a shame that most of the coastal creeks and rivers aroudnd Brissie are sewers. Up as far as the Maroochy.

Rick K