PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Bundy

Yogi65
16-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Could anybody help me out with were I could get some yabbies in the bundy area. Must be able to get there on foot. Any suggestions on where to fish would also be appreciated I would like to concentrate on the Burnett and Elliot rivers for starters.

Brett_Finger
17-06-2003, 04:12 AM
Yogi,
mate you are in the right place at the elliott river,as you are comming into Elliott Heads,you will go into a sharp right hand sweeper,the road will straighten them a sharp left hand sweeper.go straight ahead off this corner ( a small fish and chip shop on right) an stop on the nature strip.

follow the track in frount of you straight onto the flats and your on the yabbie beds.

these flats are shallow to wade in a lot of places at high tide,and working the mangrouve edge will provide you with Bream - Flathead - Whiteing - Trevally ect...

while on the Minn - Kota the other day i was sneaking around in a couple of feet and less of water along the mangrove line,ther where many schools of good Whiteing in maby 6" of water right up in the trees.

this time of the year will see some BIG Fleathead along the flats, as well as the ever present Bream and Whiteing.

fishing the mought area along the small rock groins will get you Bream- Flathead - Whiting - Trevally - Queenfish - Tailor.

there is a fishing Bundy web - page in the process of being finished here at aus-fish, i better get onto Steve to see what fauther info he requires to get it knocked over.
hope this is of some help.
Hookin,Brett :D

Yogi65
17-06-2003, 04:53 PM
Thanks Brett will give it a go

Yogi