PDA

View Full Version : Nugget's June 28-29 predictions + 10kg jack pic

Nugget
28-06-2003, 05:12 AM
I'm back - better late than never!

The new prediction info is now on-line:
http://www.ausfish.com.au/nugget/predictions.htm

In short Hervey Bay produced a 10kg jack, 20kg Spaniard, 10kg jobfish, yellowfin, mac - the list is endless and we only fished one day!

Conditions got bad - we wore a wave over the side of the boat that saw water sloshing around the cabin, took Shaun Ash off his feet and did what many a pugnose punter has tried to do in the past - knocked Harro out cold.
But with a crew of fishing journalist on board, I'm sure you'll hear all about it.

I should be able to post a few pix later today.
Dave ><>

Nugget
28-06-2003, 01:45 PM
This is the 10kg jack caught by Allan Greig.

mackmauler
28-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Not a nice place to go for a swim around that bar, do they have probs often or was it a freak wave? How deep was the water that fish came from Nugget? what an animal :o
rob

Big_Kev
28-06-2003, 02:06 PM
Is that Mr Ed's brother?
Cheers Kev

spike2
28-06-2003, 03:15 PM
far out :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Nugget
29-06-2003, 03:51 AM
Not really a freak wave - conditions were slowly getting worse through the night and we decided to bail at daylight.
We took a wave sideways as we crossed the bar - not sure on the reasons as I wasn't on watch, but it was pretty clear that it was the skipper's skill that kept us out of real trouble.
The jack came from a mark the skipper had - he said we'd catch snapper and jack at the location and that's exactly what we caught.
I think it was about 30 metres but not sure.

Dave ><>

Lachie1
29-06-2003, 08:44 AM
:o :o :oNow that is a Jack :o :o ;D ;D