PDA

View Full Version : Jet Skis Banned @ Noosa

Quinny69
02-07-2003, 01:43 PM
"JetSkis Banned on the Noosa river" was just on the news. This is 1 of my fave bits of water so Im as happy as a pig in mud over this great idea.Apparentlly may have a bit to do with the fact they have NO SCENCE and keep wipping people and each other out all the time and then want to sue someone about it.Hope that they Ban them on a few more waterways now.However its just become a part of fishing the Gold coast,thats where they run supream and everybody seems to have 1. MattQ

Lucky_Phill
02-07-2003, 04:11 PM
As always, a few bad apples etc etc !

The pressure brought to bare on the authorities by Non- Jet- Ski users is enormous, and those weekend warriors aren't doing the " good guys " any favours.

There is a time and place for ALL water craft. and those Jet Skis time has come !

Phill

:P Brett ;)

paul0
02-07-2003, 04:17 PM
have they banned them out near the bar or just in the river

MangroveJase
03-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Best news I've heard all week. I was fishing the flats just south of Caloundra the other week just before sun up. Here are these maniacs, flogging the crap out of their jetski's way before the sun is even up.

I felt for all the locals and people up for the weekend staying in the 30 million units that run along the waters edge where these dickheads were running a muck.

They had 20km of waterway to work in and thought it best to run back and forth in front of all the residential/holiday units. These jetski's put out some serious sound and they would have just blown all the nanna's out of bed.

Gotta be happy about that.