PDA

View Full Version : Meet and Greet Top Weekend !!!!!

jaybee
30-06-2003, 12:51 PM
Top weekend nice to meet some new guys, wayne, johnno, chris, rob, and the list goes on sorry if i missed anyone, Also a big thanks to the guys (Steve in particular) for making Barry welcome, first time in his life doing something like this, he told jack it was bloody fantastic and bloody brilliant, we ended up with a feed, will let jack fill you in.
cheers
joe.

Fisherman02
30-06-2003, 01:06 PM
hey joe
yeh mate sure did, yeh me and you got a nice feed, just for u fellas that don't know about it we got about 7 whiting a flounder and two whiting, not to mention the bloody 15lb (or about that) stingray that I hooked on 15lb line on the alvey and cronulla. The bloody thing went twice around the boat joe reckons he has never seen a stingray go around the boat like that. For you fellas on the boards who didn't go, im sure the fellas who did go can you fill u in about the Taj Mahal we had going 8 man tent for 3 people! I tell you now fellas it was bloody roomy!! And to really top it off we each had a bed to hold us off the floor so was really comftable, good to meet some of the fellas i never saw before like christ and bill, as well as seeing a few regulars like myself. Chris donated a couple whiting on friday night for some of joe's sashimi, while we were round the fire joe was over on the table with his chopping board and other ingredients preparing a feast (a bloody small feast too) had a better one today after cleaning the boat geez i tell you what when ur hot and bothered it really hits the spot! Anyways looking forward to the next meet n greet, good to see a few more boats this time!
till next time
cheers jack
p.s wayne maybe you should look at attaching a set of wheels on the bottom of the boat! It would make it a hell of a lot easier then pushing a bloody 5 tonne boat down 12 ft of sand ;D ;D

p.s.s thank bloody god for jonno!!

mackmauler
30-06-2003, 01:24 PM
Had a bit of a shocker myself, spent most of the time sleeping off a headache :( met a few more of the fellas from here though and by the sounds last night a great time was being had.
cheers Rob

Lachie1
30-06-2003, 02:14 PM
Sounds like a top weekend fellas :D Wish I coulda been there :'( but hopefully i will make it to the next one, How was the fishing weather ??? A bit windy i spoze ::) Did anyone fish the seaway? It looked alright on the cam most of the time.

Cheers, Lachie

sharkbait
30-06-2003, 03:36 PM
Yes it was good to meet a few of the guys and have a chat although leaving on sat morning to work wasnt ideal. Good to see jack and joe got into a few fish and barry had a good time also . I had a couple of interesting things happen on the way back to jacobs well, firstly was stopped by some poor blokes in a houseboat who had lost their tender overnight, and got my first fish on a lure. I had a little bit of spare time so had a quick troll and was very happy when a 38cm flattie (released) jumped on after about 5min. Look forward to the next one.

peterbo3
30-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Evening all,
A really great weekend. Must plan another real soon. There is a spot on Bribie at Mission Point. Toilets, beach,
great ramp to launch from, and, heh heh heh, NO RANGERS!!! ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D No neighbours either. Thanks to all those who organised the M&G.

PS. My mate Bill Bonkers promises not to choke himself & regurgitate beer & steak over his neighbours at the next one. ::) ::)

PPS. Bugman, if those flashes at 0331 hr this morning were from YOUR camera, could you please post the pics as I am sure they will be of interest to all :-X

Lucky_Phill
30-06-2003, 04:16 PM
Firstly, I would like #to point out, that it was no fault of my own that, someone moved the channel marker.

Now for the run down.

The Bugmiester and myself in the Big Rig, neighbour #Paul and old school mate Mark in my little Stessl. #That's how the fishing was set up. #BUT, Brett says, " I know the way to Currigee, follow me ".

We left from Paradise Point and when we got to Couran Cove, I thought mmmmmm #maybe toooo far.

After some phone calls to Touchy and Brian, we hit camp around 9.30 Sat morning. #Set up with lots of help from the boys. #I went on ReBait and done the family thing for an hour ( the first 20 minutes sitting in the one spot, called..........." Phill's Channel " .......apparently ! # ::)

Thanks to Brian , Cameron and Steve for the tow #???

The fishing was slow, Yes, 18 boats at the logs by late arvo. #Pushed up into 2ft of water, while most of the other boats were in 10 and down near the Green Beacon. #A few Bream in the esky and back to camp.

Can someone please explain to me, what happened to my bottle of Black Douglas ? # #Not to mention the Port #::)

I am trying to add up the numbers in my head..........22 at last count.

I think everyone got a fish or had a fish of some sorts. #Nice little spot that Currigee.

Yes, although it is Sunday nite, I am still awake and just about back in the land of the living # #::) # # # # #8)

I won't say too much here as I'm sure others will tell some UNTRUTHS................. #:P # # # # :P

Cheers...........oooooooo. #maybe I shouldn't say that.

Phill

landy1
30-06-2003, 06:35 PM
Yes well i got there in the end, after one of my most embarrassing moments ever (we will never speak of it again) :-Xmaybe i can set up that artificial reef of mine next to your channel Phil ::) then we would be onto something.
Next time we need to avoid any ranger staceys, thats twice ive been booted out of there :o. Anyway good time had by all, lots of smiles and stories, everyone felt like the first though didnt it Buggy. ;D
Truly a weekend that will live on in infamy, we left a lasting impression
cheers
Michael

bugman
01-07-2003, 04:37 AM
Should I talk fishing or should I talk extra curricular activities ..... mmmmm...... let me see ...... bugger the fishing!!!!!!!

Let's start with me getting WWWAAAYYY lost on the way there -- oops.

The big prize went to Phil doing the work of Marine Transport and making newing channels throught to Sovereign Island. How the hell do you get a 6.2 metre boat completely high and dry without the tid going out.

There's Paul smashing his leg on the BBQ plate.

There's the magic tree that kept producing more firewood.

Then there's Ranger Stacy himself who we have to say a big thanks to for his genuine kindness, tolerance and hospitality.

There's Phil again for making himself a close personal friend of Ranger Stacy and throwing up once reaching home.

What about the missing tri Johno, Touchy and Rob - hardly saw these guys who were either sleeping or fishing when most of the entertainment was happening. I guess that was more comfortable than Webby's sleeping position in the chair.

While I'm on the subject of Webby - thanks for the late night snack but could you keep the chilly down in the wurst next time. Phil swears that's what made him crook. And how the bloody heel do you manage to catch squire no matter where we go. Are you sure you didn't get one at Cressbrook.

And how's the big boss Steve - surf fishing in a 2 metre dumping swell. It's hard to swim in waders mate - it's better to swim in rum.

What about Peter. A better saleman I've never seen and not a bad boat to boot. I think a test drive to offshore grounds is a definite must. Shame about the rod/reel.

Spike - Sorry to make a bad impression on your first outing mate - we're not normally like that and we really do try and fish sometimes. (well sometimes)

Landy - God is telling you to keep off the water mate. What I'm telling you is to get a motor that has a 9 in front of it's manufacture date - as in 94, 95 etc rather than 74,75 etc. I'm sure you'll appreciate the difference.

To the many others that took part and made it a top weekend - thanks heaps - see you before or at the next one.

And there's the breakthrough of the weekend .... ME catching my first fish on soft plastic ... all 10cms of beautiful sand flathead.

And finally there's Kathryn Scott whose vigor and vitality continues to make stories around the campfire much more interesting.... hehehe.

Streaker
01-07-2003, 05:37 AM
Firstly a thank you to the following for making me feel welcomed Touchy,Jonno,Joe,Jack,Barry,Peter,Bill,Phill,Steve ,Peter and others that I may of forgot.Pity about the offshore conditions but I did manage a double hookup on Grinners and a Trag Jew. Better luck next time.yes there was a slight miscalculation on the morning tide but surprisingly the boat slipped into the water easily. I'll look forward to the next M&G.

Wayne

spike2
01-07-2003, 01:58 PM
words and my memory fail me ,l remember leaving home and catching a couple of good bream on the way to north curagee hang on no one here , ??? looking looking there they are south curagee ;D got to meet everyone and have a good old chat ,as the sun set the beers and rum and green death and scotch and port flowed like the big seaway tides as this was my first m@g l naturally wanted to make a good impression and so l had to keep up with festivities . not even the near choking death of one of our comrades slowed the pace , although we did get distracted by the live bait walking along the beach ;D
then another comrade fell backwards off his chair whilst another snored away in his chair , still we continued to drink , then another guy walked straight into the barbie plate ouch but in true fighting spirit he drank on ,strange to see a bbq plate fly thru the sky , we almost had a fire wood disaster but were saved by the generosity of some poor bugger , so the fire raged on and the troops kept drinking , at mid night this trouper went to bed /slept on beach . others carried on not sure exactly how long maybe the ranger could tell us ::) woke up around 6 am not exactly fighting fit but keen enough to go for a fish managed a travelly and a bream but couldnt say my heart was in it headed for home
cant wait for the next one , great to see the faces and hear the stories and see the boats , thanks to the organisers

phill thats the best attempted bar crossing lve seen from inside a broadwater ;D

cheers spike

webby
01-07-2003, 03:27 PM
M & G Hot Topics
1. Fridays crew whinging about cyclonic winds.
2. stessel and sportsfish need a new gps, and head to
the pin. :-X
3. sushi whiting is the rave. ;D
4. someones tents is still full of moreton sand. :-X
5. sportsfish needs a set of wheels. ???
6. jack falls in love, skippy skippy the bush kangaroo. :-*
7. the wood clan and streaker get bounced around
offshore (fish win)
8. stringrays and toad fish are the go (fish win)
9. pedro losses stradic in coomera Gps points if you
wanna go looking ;D
10. migranes are the go (pm) :(
11. someones motor shits itself again. :-X
12. santa craig arrives ;D
13. some sook, gets piggy back off boat to save his
tooties getting wet. :D
14. big bream expedition to the logs. 5 boats 2 fish ;D
15. ausfish has cardiac arrest after trip across the dunes
to lose 6 pillies. (fish win) ;D
16. a cripple camped next door has his logs stolen. :-X
17. too much tequilla and the bbq plate becomes a
football. :'(
18. beacon bashing for bream is the hot topic ::)
19. circle around the camp fire and the bullshit starts. :)
20. police arrive 2 am so the roos.
21. the whole qld uni staff arrive.
22. the whole qld unit staff head offshore (fish win)
23. headaches are the go (am) :'(
24. everyone evicted better then big brother :o
25. phone in water, car battery flat, boat trailer tyre flat.
26. m & g banned. ::)
27. a few lessons in learning tide differences on a new
moon night compared to day are needed by a
few. ;D
regards

Lucky_Phill
01-07-2003, 03:46 PM
A Campers Tale

We came by boat from across the sea

To the sandy paradise called Currigee

In glass and tin we motored there

Our aim was a weekend without a care

On Friday night all went well

Around the fire with tales to tell

Some fish were caught with nary a yell

Steaks were cooked – what a smell

On Saturday morn more people did arrive

Our little camp resembled a busy beehive

Tents went up all over the place

Then the drinking commenced at a cracking pace

Saturday night all went well

Sunday morning came the Ranger from Hell

Our talk was too loud, our language too strong

Whatever we said, we were in the wrong

You are nothing but pigs and drunks to boot

If I had a gun, I’d start to shoot

The Ranger from Hell vented his spleen

He wanted our campsite totally clean

Pay your fees and leave right now

This is a family island and I took the Ranger’s Vow

That scum like you are not allowed

To swear and blaspheme before the younger crowd

We packed our gear and left the site

Some were not well from the previous night

But our heads were high and our spirits as well

Because we didn’t give a **it about the Ranger from Hell

Courtesy of Peter

Cheers Phill

Touchy - R.I.P.
02-07-2003, 04:07 AM
Hey Gang,Just another "normal" M & G slips by ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D,tho' I did think the whole decorum slipped a bit when our fearless leader showed up 8)or just my imagination?????.Hey Wayne do you always go 'round head butting tree trunks after one glass of green death or was your first M & G a bit overwhelming :-X.Great weekend fellas,Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.

squire
03-07-2003, 12:42 AM
Brian, Phill, Jack, Jaybee and the guys see you had a ball its a shame the crockadile hunters recruit (ranger stacey) had a bee in its bonnet but they always seem to be the party poopers dont they? good to see your fiting fit Jaybee and back on the water again. Brian hopefully I will get to catch up with you guys soon. regards martyn

Jonno
03-07-2003, 02:11 PM
What a top weekend, it was good to put some faces to the names. Pray that the wind will not turn up to the next meet and greet and alot better fish will be caught. Touchy ended catching a nice 65cm flathead and a couple of bream and a bat fish. Carn't wait for the next one as this was my first and will not be my larst. Thx to all for making all members welcome.

P.S. Lucky phil please leave those shorts home next time heheh, and wayne thx for the extra bottle of green death.

Jonno

jaybee
03-07-2003, 06:33 PM
thanx squire, only been the last two months starting to feel my old self again and can hold a rod where it hurts,know what i mean ;D as for these guys on the green death, next time i am goin to take a mirror so they can see what they really look like the morning after, talk about green around the gills, (mmm could probably scrape something of them to fool the luderick) some people with sense are in bed by 10 ROFLAMO. and wake up feeling fine.
cheers
joe.

Gypsea
06-07-2003, 09:05 PM
Well, i was introduced in a rather bizzare way to the ausfish fraternity that weekend along with my mate landy1. We got there eventually in my boat and not landy1's as his died after about five mins of travelling. In the end we got there and the reception was great. Didnt fish much but that didnt seem to matter. Beer was consumed upon arrival and seemed to make the embarrasment go away!I'll be there with bells on for the next one but this time in my boat from the outset!

Lucky_Phill
07-07-2003, 07:26 AM
See ya there !

landy1
07-07-2003, 03:02 PM
yeah dont worry Daz ill have the edgie up and running, maybe we can tow yours out as a tender ;D ;D
cheers
Michael

jaybee
07-07-2003, 03:18 PM
hey phil leave the lycras home this time eh, damn glad i didnt wake up like you guys ROFLMAO. But then being the good person i am that will never happen LOL. (NOT)
cheers
joe.
P.S I wanna learn how to sleep in a chair like webby.