PDA

View Full Version : Botanical Gardens Brisbane River

jaybee
07-07-2003, 02:01 PM
Had the opportunity to walk around from the bottom of eagle st to Goodwil bridge this morning. Cannot get over the amount of sand that has built up along the rock wall. Also on the board walk there is quite a few crab pots with fresh bait but no crabs, spose they were checked earlier. The colour of the water considering low tide was a plus, clear and a green tinge, it appears the river is slowly but surely cleaning up or maybe due to lack of rain. This has me thinking of doing a trip for whiting in summer. Any other comments ???
cheers
joe.

peterbo3
07-07-2003, 02:59 PM
JB,
Best place for whiting on the Brisbane River is at Hamilton, would you believe?

Sams Seafood!!!!!! [smiley=clown.gif] [smiley=clown.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=jester.gif] [smiley=hanged.gif] [smiley=laola.gif]
Gee, I LOVE these weird smilies. [smiley=iloveyou.gif] [smiley=smitten.gif]

jaybee
07-07-2003, 03:22 PM
onya pete, deflate my ego why dont you Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa no seriously looking at what i saw today i cannot see why one cannot get some decent summer whiting when it starts to warm up. i'm keen, will cause a stir walking down eagle street rod n esky in hand LOL [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=oops.gif] [smiley=behead.gif]

peterbo3
07-07-2003, 03:28 PM
JB,
You could clean 'em in one of the drinking fountains in the gardens. Give the backpackers some great photo shots. ::) ::) :o :o :o

jaybee
07-07-2003, 03:35 PM
[smiley=help.gif]Kewl never thought of that, or maybe i could get one of the japanese ladies to lay down and bare their tumm to clean em on eh Sushimi MMMMMMM [smiley=oops.gif]

peterbo3
07-07-2003, 04:10 PM
JB,
You could be in a bit of trouble taking a fillet out of a tourist. [smiley=policeman.gif] A local would be OK though. [smiley=chef.gif] [smiley=charming.gif]

jaybee
07-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Didnt mean taking a fillet of a tourist pete, just using the tumm as a cleaning board, #may add a bit of flavour to the filet, fillett, fillate, whatever (sushimi) #:-X #[smiley=confused.gif] #[smiley=angel.gif]
p.s where is the cut finger smilies

PinHead
09-07-2003, 12:27 AM
You might just hook onto a CityCat..that could be interesting.

Wayne
09-07-2003, 09:53 AM
Its pleasing to hear that the river is looking good.... but honestly guys I could think of 100 better spots to chase whiting than the Botanical Gardens. Then again there are plenty of trees to have a sleep under.

Cubesy
09-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Hey Jaybee

You can swing by my office (open plan cubicle, I am not important enough to have an office) and pick me up. Better than reading the paper at lunchtime. if the fish were biting I mightn't go back.

Cheers

Cubesy

P.S. It would turn a few heads catching the bus to work in my suit with a fishing rod and tackle box under my arm!

jaybee
09-07-2003, 04:10 PM
Yeh why not, something different can remember going crabbing on the other side of the river many years ago, was different then people would give u a stare as you walked down the street with dillies over the shoulder.
cheers
joe.