PDA

View Full Version : Next Meet N Greet

Touchy - R.I.P.
08-07-2003, 03:07 AM
OK Gang,I have already had one area suggested to me re our next m n g :-/ & that is Noosa,I checked with Ranger Stacey(Currigie)& he thinks that is far enough away from him ;D,What are the early thoughts?,post up & lets see where everyone would like to go,What about the Tweed area,couple of options there right on the river,or up 'round Moolabah(spelling)any spots up there?,& what time frame,anything not near new moon/big tides would be a good change,also would like a poll on the banning of Lucky_Phills black lycra shorts for the next trip ;D ;D ;D ;D.Touchy><> ><> ><>.

jaybee
08-07-2003, 03:47 AM
Mooloolaba sounds good, parkyn parade camping ground is about the only place to camp tho, don't think they are too tolerant of a lot of noise tho. As for the tweed, i reckon kingscliffe would be the way, caravan park rite on the surf next to the bowls club, good entrance to the sea, cook, 9mile etc are closer to travel to then from the tweed, by the time you get up the river, the creek at kingscliffe fishes well for bream, flathead whiting etc. just a thought
cheers
joe.

Streaker
08-07-2003, 04:17 AM
Touchy
good idea Noosa stay at Johns landing (no problems with boats high and dry) good estuary and offshore grounds. I'll be a starter in that.
Wayne

Jack_Lives_Here
08-07-2003, 07:53 AM
I'm up for John's Landing Noosa also. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

peterbo3
08-07-2003, 07:56 AM
John's Landing sounds good. As long as there are no nearby bottle shops that stock Green Ginger Wine. :-X

bugman
08-07-2003, 08:07 AM
I'll add my vote for Noosa. This time of year the offshore reefs realy fire for bottom bashing.

Tuna can still be found in Laguna Bay but the snapper/sweetlip/maori cod realy go off at Sunshine/Chardons and north Reef.

All I need is someone to take me.

Picking a weekend with high tides close to the morning and afternoon would also suit the offshore brigade who want to get a cross the bar - a not so low low also helps if you want to come back early.

Now if I ask someone nicely to take me - is there anyone else out there that would be interested in jumping off at Jew Shoal for a bit of a look see under the water for 40 mins?

Bugman

Lucky_Phill
08-07-2003, 12:54 PM
It appears that the Noosa has a good vote. I don't know about this ( Andrew ) Johns Landing.

The Bugmeister will have to setup the tides.

I need to know more info, like Where the Hell is it ?

Phill ???

craigie
08-07-2003, 01:45 PM
It all sounds good guys, but just to give you a bit of warning, a few moons ago Sav and myself nominated to organise a 'Freshie' M & G. Secretly :o, A lot of the preliminary planning has been done for a M &G at Bjelke-Petersen Dam in November this year.

Look forward to a 'Sunnie Coast' M & G before November ;D

Cheers
Craig

p.s. Sorry Sav :'(, I had to let the Cat out of the bag.

peterbo3
08-07-2003, 01:46 PM
Phill,
Too much knowledge is not good for you. Just follow the crowd. I am not even sure where Nicer is! [smiley=curtain.gif] [smiley=curtain.gif] [smiley=curtain.gif] [smiley=dunce.gif] [smiley=dunce.gif] [smiley=dunce.gif] [smiley=gossip.gif]

spike2
08-07-2003, 01:49 PM
going on past experience we dont need any where near water it could lead to an accidental drowning , all we need is a good pub with no dress standards ,a late licence and a publican that likes listening to fishing tales ;D

Lucky_Phill
08-07-2003, 03:56 PM
you're fitting in quite well Spike ! ;D ;)

webby
08-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Craigie and Sav , Do you mean where going to have scones at Flo and Joe place.
Hope theres some fish in there dam, compared to Cressbrook ;D
regards

Derek Bullock
08-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Hey guys check this out. A little info on Johns Landing.

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/accommodation/accom.asp?name=74

Cheers

Derek

Mattman
08-07-2003, 06:36 PM
Hey webby,

take a look at the cressbrook report in the freshwater section ;). I was a firm believer as well that there were no fish in that dam but persevering pays off. Oh well, just unlucky that weekend with the m&g but don't discard cressy.

Cheers Matt

landy1
08-07-2003, 10:27 PM
Ill put my hand up for Noosa and a freshie. depending on wether i have some form of releiable motorvation for my vessel :-X ::) ???
landy went in the trading post this week hopefully to get funds for decent yammie :'( :'(
cheers
Michael

bugman
09-07-2003, 04:41 AM
Whoa back there Michael .... there's no need to make rash decisions like that to go on and sell the Landy - I think every Australian family should have one at some stage in there life. All these guys that have modern comfy 4WD's don't know what real 4WDing is. Besides, I doubt you'll raise enough from the sale to buy a decent motor ;D

Back to the MG. Two things

Johns Landing is a long way up the river if anyone is really keen to fish the mouth or offshore. I've been realiably informed 11kms. Only other camping I'm aware of is the public carvan park/campground on the river in town.

Secondly - are we thinking late August here?

Brett

Touchy - R.I.P.
09-07-2003, 07:03 AM
G'Day Brett,Can we think early August?any tides ect.suit?.T.><> ><> ><>.

Jack_Lives_Here
09-07-2003, 09:50 AM
The "ramp" at Johns Landing (JL) would not be suitable for large boats and 2wd's. The other close ramp would be Boreen Pt - pretty shallow across the lake though.
For those after a bit of fresh stuff we can run up to the everglades in the upper noosa or up into Kin Kin creek - spooky bloody place it is.
You can take the family pooch to JL - as long as it's behaved. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

PinHead
09-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Did I see Green Ginger Wine mentioned somewhere here? Is there another that adores the nectar of the gods aslo? It should be compulsory for everyone to consume this most marvellous of drinks

caveman
09-07-2003, 04:45 PM
sorry guys can't make this one either the missus is going to drop our ruggy around late august cheers

imported_admin
10-07-2003, 07:54 AM
Don't forget when planning a date that the Brisbane Boat Show will be held from Aug 27 to September 1

Lucky_Phill
10-07-2003, 12:13 PM
Well Mr Touchy, the tides are good for bar crossings on the 2nd & 3rd of August and also on the 16th & 17th August.

New Moon 29 July..........full moon 12th August.

Apparently the Green Death is on sale that week ! ???

bungie
10-07-2003, 12:30 PM
Just sitting on the side, but thought I would put my two bobs worth in. Johns Landing is a lovely spot, beautiful infact. But its thick in mozzies. I dont remember there being a boat ramp there, but as stated before, its about 10 klms to the bar, and ten back. When we stayed there easter last year we left after one night, the mozzies, the dogs roaming around (some big grumpy sodds too), the story from the owner about catching kids walking off with somebodys tent. Had my wife and two daughters and my niece with me. Not one of them felt safe there.
But each to their own :)

snappa
10-07-2003, 05:52 PM
well :)
it might be time to tag along to one of these meetings
noosa, would be great to fish outside.
q.1 how far out are the reefs.
2 where are the trailers left or are there no boats going.

Touchy - R.I.P.
11-07-2003, 04:01 AM
OK Fella's,Post up your preferences,1st/2nd 0r 16th/17th,Snappa at this stage both Jonno & Streaker are keen to do the offshore,I'm checking with Jonno re his call out days,Streaker has the "drum"for the close reefs & Brett I'm sure we will be able to get you up there ect.Phill a green death sale you say BRING IT OOOON 8)

Streaker
11-07-2003, 06:01 AM
As an alternative there is also Noosa Northshore caravan park 240 volt,showers,toilets and the price is OK. It's on the other side of Teewantin the barge is about $15 for boats,2klms from the bar,200mtrs from the pub. The boats are launched from where the barge drops off.
Wayne

Big-D
11-07-2003, 09:10 AM
Well Streaker and Mr Touchy this noosa northshore Caravan park sounds good to me. There is a PUB there, lets hope it has a good supply of GREEN DEATH. Wayne i think you should hide your you know what this time, When Touchy & Jonno are around they get very thirsty at night after fishing. Well you can count me in. ;D

Cheers Peter.

Streaker
11-07-2003, 09:27 AM
To answer questions about pricing etc I've attached their website for those that are interested.http://www.noosaretreat.com.au/park_tarriffs.htm.
Wayne

aquarius
11-07-2003, 04:19 PM
Hi Guys...The Noosa Retreat Holiday Park is a great place to stay....Everything a fisherperson could want is all there....$100 for 2 nights split 4 ways for the comfort of a cabin is good value i reckon.
The wife and i stayed at this place twice some years ago and found it to be a top place to just relax and do nothing or if you wanted to there's heaps of activities to keep you occupied...It would get my vote for the next Meet and Greet.
Cheers #Brent 8)

Touchy - R.I.P.
12-07-2003, 02:47 AM
I just spoke to the Noosa retreat people & they are about to change their sign to read No Pets OR Lycra Shorts :P ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D,looks like a great spot for the next Ausfish bash,gets my vote,what date in August?.Cheers T.><> ><> ><>.

bugman
12-07-2003, 04:46 AM
I'm up for the mid month weekend but I guess people will relaise that they will be required to take their boats out of the water and drive the 3-5ks to the park every night/day.

I don't mind (I don't have a boat) but I just thought I'd let others know.

However on the good side - it does allow all beach fisherman access to the Noosa north Shore from the river right up to Double Island Point.

Bugman

Big-D
12-07-2003, 06:45 AM
;D ;D ;D Hi all, I like the sounds of the weekend of the 2nd & 3rd of August.I hope the weather will be kind to us, as well as the fish. DONT FORGET YOUR GREEN. :o :o :o :o :o

landy1
12-07-2003, 08:13 AM
G'day all
Noosa North shore is a great spot that ive been meaning to get back to for years. Camp literally right beind the sand dunes with all the comforts of home. Sounds good to me with the little tinnie or just beach fishing. warning though you might have to leave the big boat at home Phil those tracks are a little snug.
cheers
Michael

Streaker
12-07-2003, 08:57 AM
2nd and 3rd sounds great to me. Michael you might have the parks mixed up I think your'e referring to the wilderness park which is further down the road. It's about 2klms each way to launch your boats at the river the road is bitumen all the way.
Wayne

Lucky_Phill
12-07-2003, 12:49 PM
Saturday 2nd Aug
L/T @ 04.57 and 0.37
H/T @ 10.48 and 1.42
L/T @ 4.41 and .39

Sunday 3rd Aug

L/T @ 05.38 and .38
H/T @ 11.38 and 1.42
L/T @ 5.32 and .50

New Moon on the 29th July. So there'll be a bit of moon during the day. Actually it rises at 9am.

I like the sound of the Cara park, camp or cabin !

Could do a spot of beach fushin' ???

Phill

Lucky_Phill
12-07-2003, 12:50 PM
OH, I have a new pair of Lycra Pants that need to be worn in. Any takers to help me ???

I have also found in my kit, a Black Douglas Stubbie cooler.............who lost it ?

Phill

Big_Kev
12-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Oh come on Phil you will need a better line than that to catch us out.
Cheers Kev

jaybee
12-07-2003, 04:05 PM
I could say something here bout phils pants n what jack thinks, but i wont, talking of north shore resort, last time i was up there 2yrs ago, it was x amount for the car, boat and trailer are extra per foot, unless it has changed, cost a damn fortune to get a 12 ft tinnie across on the barge. and heaps o trouble launching it and finding a park. i wont be on this trip tho, #:'( hope ya all have fun
cheers
joe.