PDA

View Full Version : Riddle

adriancorrea
09-07-2003, 05:05 PM
Hi all
I recieved an email with this riddle and I havent worked it out yet, [smiley=confused.gif] just wondering if anyone else has got the same email and worked it out or if anyone can work it out. [smiley=anxious.gif]
Its problaby very easy and when someone gives me the answer, I'll say how easy was that. [smiley=furious.gif]

Anyway heres the riddle

There are three words in the English language that end in "gry".

ONE is angry and another is hungry. EveryONE knows what the third ONE means and what it stands for. EveryONE uses them everyday, and if you listened very carefully, I've given you the third word.

What is it?
_______gry?

Lets see how quick we get an answer

Tight lines
Adrian

swano
09-07-2003, 05:27 PM
snappy it's a play on words have a look at this www.brainteasers.net/gry_main.html

Lindy
09-07-2003, 05:31 PM
yes-there are only three words in the english Language
The answer is language ;)

People use it everyday :)

Just some unnecessary info there

Lindy

Kerry
09-07-2003, 05:31 PM
gee ;) and I was going to say it was "#8" just to be more riddling

adriancorrea
09-07-2003, 05:33 PM
Thanks Swano
That puts my mind at ease.

Tight Lines
Adrian

lordy
09-07-2003, 05:44 PM
Its a particularly silly riddle.

It could be language based on

There are three words in the English language that end in "gry".

This answer is dodgy because discounts the rest of the sentence, and it probably shouldn't. Had it been just There are three words in the English language. it would have made more sense.

It could also be three . Because that is the 3rd word in the riddle.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more "solutions" to such an ambiguous riddle.

lordy
09-07-2003, 05:47 PM
Just a follow up. Seems someone else agrees with me the riddle has been broken when someone wrote it down with the wrong punctuation. Here is a better explanation

http://www.greece.k12.ny.us/taylor/topics/grypuzzle.htm

Lindy
09-07-2003, 05:52 PM
That the site I looked at too ;D

The wording was a little different

You found me out Lordy!

lordy
09-07-2003, 05:57 PM
LOL. Its only cheating if you get caught! ;D

Lindy it reminds me a riddle we had a school that went something like this.

"Why is a mouse the fewer the higher when it turns"

The answer is something obscure about car doors.

It works best if you have someone (or a few) who will play along as if they get it. Everyone else spends all day wasting their time trying to figure out why they can't get it. Its a con job, the question and the answer are jibberish. Its a complete load of bollocks designed to make people think its a riddle and waste all day. The joy is in it for the teller and the stooges who get to laugh at those trying to solve it.

Render
11-07-2003, 07:22 AM
What's the matter for? Can't you want to?

You'll think you're body every self but you're not, am I?

;D

Cheers,

R

swano
11-07-2003, 02:18 PM
how far can you row up stream in a barbed wire boat??? it doesn't matter because cream doesn't have bones in it ;D ;D

big_george
11-07-2003, 06:26 PM
swano
You've still got it swano.
you must have just landed 1200 barra and knocked the top off your 24 th coldy.No, 30th out of the canta xxxxgold pack. [smiley=drunk.gif]Know does every body see what i have to put up with.Fishing with a man with a good,no great grasp of the english language . ; [smiley=laugh.gif]D
cheers george.

Lucky_Phill
14-07-2003, 09:14 AM
Why does a Ram ?

What colour is Orange ?

etc etc etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P

Bowlesy
14-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Hmmmm...........weird

jaybee
14-07-2003, 05:20 PM
hey Bowlesy blaze says we have to make you feel welcome, so whats the riddle in that ??? is it true u catch more fish then him.
welcome aboard.
cheers
joe.