PDA

View Full Version : M & G reckie

Lucky_Phill
19-07-2003, 04:14 PM
The Mauler of Macs and I ( poster'er of sideways photos ) took a wee drive north today to check out possible M & G sites.

I have learned one thing, I know why Victoria lights up at night !

Because all of the Vics are up here on holidays in their caravans and no one is left to turn the lights off.

Seriously though, all the van parks from Caloundra to Noosa are chockers with the Mexicans.

We didn't find a van park camp ground anywhere that was suitable for the Ausfishers to have a sortie. ( 'cause most places had a sign out the front asking that you have consideration for other campers ! ), whatever that means.

Had a good look around John's Landing. YES, it is very suitable. toilets, showers, camp fires ( byo wood, you ferets ), boat ramp ( usable at best ), level ground, $10 per vehicle per night ( boats are not vehicles ), quiet, boat can be moored in the river less than 30 meters from camp site, tall trees, ( did notice Drop Bear poo on ground ??? ). Shop that sells most stuff. 2 k's of graded sand/dirt road into the place, which was no trouble for the Ute ( lowered ).

Easy to find, fishing for Whiting and Bream etc are just a few K's downstream. The Noosa bar is 11k's downstream , but can be accessed from a ramp closer to the mouth, which will be a 15 minute car drive.

Plenty of parking etc for boat trailers. Rowers going past on river was good to see ( female ! ).

OK ppl, it's up to you on what happens here.

If you think this sounds the go, I'll get together some details of which tides are going to be the most suitable for estuary and offshore. ie:- dates !

Cheers Philly-Den-Drum

mackmauler
19-07-2003, 05:18 PM
Suits me fine.

Lucky_Phill
20-07-2003, 04:45 AM
Here's some info to help ya's make us ya's minds.

Saturday 9th August.

High Tide @....05.27 = 1.28
Low Tide @....11.30 = 0.31
High Tide @....18.22 = 1.93

Sunrise @ 6.22 and Set @ 5.24

Moon rise on Friday 8th @ 13.13 and set on Saturday morning @ 03.43.

This gives certain opportunities.

Major bite on Saturday @ 8.10am and a minor one @ 2.20pm

The tides are good to take the bar for offshore boys giving you good water for the trip out and if return at about 4.30pm will give you 1.08 of water on an incoming tide on the way home.

This is 3 days before the Full Moon. Sunday the 10th will be similar adding about an hour for the tides and they are a tad higher for the highs and a tad lower for the lows.

Given good weather, the close reefs should go off on the dusk. Don't know if you folks will traverse the bar at night, ( plenty of moonlight ) but with a Major bite around 9pm and the moon up, it's ideal for reefs close to shore. ;) ;D ::)

All this goes well for sitting 'round the camp fire, as you'll be able to see where ya's are walking to take a wee walk to get rid of excess Green Death. ::)

The other thing I should mention is anchoring your boat at the camp site. If anchoring in the river, I suggest a front and rear anchor and maybe some " bumpers ". Depending on how many boats there are. The boat ramp is less than 20 meters from our camp site.

As I said, the ramp is " usable ' at best. But, the trailer hooked onto someones 4 x 4, will have no probs using the sand / river bank beside tha ramp.

Crab pots should be taken ! ???

Hope this helps.

Also, these dates allow for us to attend the Vikky Point VMR open day and the 3rd.

So folks, lets hear your thoughts.

Cheers Philly-Den-Drum

Lachie1
20-07-2003, 11:24 AM
Not a bad spot up ther i gotta say :D Was up there just the other day too (tuesday i think) and been there before. Good crabbing ;) ;D and alright fishing but nothing to get overly excited about there, althought did see a small jew pulled out :D Plenty of catfish >:( ::) Like phill said better fishing downstream only 25 mins to the bar from there. Boat ramp is definately questionable for anything big i would have to imagine. :o :-/. There is also hardly ever anyone there so we could make as much noise as we wanted and only upset 1 or 2 people ;D ;D ;D :P. Probably need 2 anchors cos there isn't a beach to pull up on and cos of everglades boats wake ::). Good swimming too and jumping out of trees into water etc although it might be a bit cold ::)

Those rowers still there hey Phill :o They were there when i was there aswell - they are from somerville house on a rowing camp. Sounds like hard work to me :o They paddle from boreen point down to half way between the 1st and 2nd ski area :o :o the other day then turned around and did it all again!! ::)

Cheers, Lachie

Fisherman02
20-07-2003, 03:11 PM
i tell you fellas i see plenty of those somerville girls down at southbank station when school finishes some of them are fine fine fine
cheers jack

adriancorrea
20-07-2003, 06:46 PM
Stop it Jack or Ill tell betty lol ;) :D ::)

Tight Lines
Adrian

Fisherman02
21-07-2003, 07:42 AM
she left me for a younger man
there is something wrong with that betty the little time that i was with her she shaved every morning, strange eh?
cheers jack

gruntahunter
21-07-2003, 10:12 AM
shaved hey?....she didn,t have an adams apple by any chance did she? ;D :-X

Big_Kev
21-07-2003, 01:32 PM
Sheet Jack you better learn how to tell the difference reely fast or a girl called Lola will make you a man.
LOL Cheers

Fisherman02
21-07-2003, 02:06 PM
yeh she did have an adams apple
but what does it all mean ??? ::)
cheers jack

Lucky_Phill
21-07-2003, 04:12 PM
OK, more good news.

Have a mate that lives within 10 minutes of Johns Landing. Has a new boat and has been donging lotsa fish in the river.

He said he can pop up either Friday night or Sat morn and give us the run down and even take us out and show us around. He loves the Flatties and plastics / lures.

This is sounding better and better.

Phill ;)

Jack_Lives_Here
22-07-2003, 01:03 PM
Got a work thing sat morning but reckon I'd be up for the Saturday night and a fish Sunday. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Jack_Lives_Here
24-07-2003, 12:55 PM
Is the M&G still happening ??

Lucky_Phill
24-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Well, it is for me.

I might put up another post shortly.

But at this stage, I know of a few takers, it's just that they didn't reply in Ausfish.

More info to follow. as the dates get closer.

Phill

peterbo3
24-07-2003, 03:35 PM
Phill,
I am there with Eva. Need someone to clean the fish! ;)

sunrise
25-07-2003, 05:12 PM
Just after I finished fixing floats to the van
oh well back to the start
johno
I be there

Lucky_Phill
25-07-2003, 05:50 PM
good to hear from ya Johno