PDA

View Full Version : new nember

opimax
21-07-2003, 04:36 PM
giday all just a short hello . i have been reading your reports for a while now & have found then very helpfull. hope i can add some of my fishing thoughts in the future cheers lee

aquarius
21-07-2003, 05:04 PM
Hi Lee, Welcome to the best fishing web site around.
Freindly people ,good fishing tips...what more could you ask for. ;)
Cheers Brent

SteveCan
22-07-2003, 03:15 AM
Welcome Lee - Look forward to your contributions - It's all good fun :)

Cheers
Steve

opimax
25-07-2003, 02:22 PM
thanks brent & steve for the welcome.

planing a trip to barwon banks tomorrow nite. wind looks like about 10 to 15 so it should be fishable. last time out got good snapper & pearlies & amberjack. love this time of year. ;D ;D ;D lee

SteveCan
25-07-2003, 03:22 PM
Lucky you mate - every time I have had the opportunity to get out recently the conditions have not been co-operating.

What sort of rig are you running?

cheers
Steve.

opimax
25-07-2003, 03:35 PM
giday steve. just up graded from tinny to cruise craft 575 outsider with 135 opimax. very happy with rig its a big difference in the ride being my first glass boat.lee

SteveCan
26-07-2003, 07:49 AM
That's a top sounding rig mate and one that would be definietly on my wish list. Make sure you post a fishing report and let us know how you go.

Good Luck

Cheers
Steve.

craigie
26-07-2003, 09:21 AM
Welcome aboard Opimax.

Keen to see how your Barwon's trip turns out.

Was thinking of bolting an Optimax (115 hp) on my next boat. Can you give me any feedback on the performance/Reliability/Economy of them.

Cheers
Craig.

opimax
26-07-2003, 10:07 AM
giday craig only had opimax 2 months 40 hours. so can`t tell you much about reliability. as far as performance , last 2 boats had 4 strokes so was worried about fuel & fumes but opimax has bugger all fumes, & fuel economy is pretty good, 80 km round trip from moolooaba to banks & back is a fuel burn of 60 lts. hope this helps will post a report, hopefully with some good fish ;D ;D ;D lee

opimax
30-07-2003, 05:21 AM
giday had to cancel friday nite trip to banks, but still keen for a fish so with wind forecast 10/15 sat morn picking up to 20 in arvo, decided to fish shallow temest early morn. left bribie at 4.00am trip across bay was resonable. sounded around & found shit load of bait, started to float livies out but no luck. fished bottom but not biting all up one snapper, one shark, one ginner >:( . whats the go with shallow temest, with that much bait you would think you would get a feed, can anyone that fishes the area give some info. s/w picked up for a bumpy trip home. lee

craigie
30-07-2003, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the feedback Opimax. 80km of offshore running for 60 lt of fuel sounds dam good to me ;)
If I put a 115 hp on 500kg plate tinnie, my economy should be even better :D
What revs do you sit on for your offshore running when the conditions are good. Which dealer did you buy outboard from ?

Sounds like the fish were quiet around shallow Tempest, well they were even more scarce down at Jumpnpin where I fished on the weekend. Maybe next time for both of us ???

Cheers
Craig.

opimax
30-07-2003, 10:46 AM
giday criag when conditions are good, which as you know is not very often. i like to sit on around 4400 r.p.m which is a speed of 28 m.p.h, seems very comfitable. i looked at a lot of dealers & ended up going with tweed coast marine,a long way from home(nrthside bris) but good deal,& good service. shame about fishing but always next weekend. as always perfect conditions now, ready to pick up for the weekend. lee