PDA

View Full Version : More cold weather on the way brrrrr

jaybee
30-07-2003, 04:14 PM
Just catching up on the courier mail they say tomorrow will be our lowest recorded day this year.

Brisbane has had an 11 degree drop since Wednesday, with a 4C minimum recorded yesterday.

Weather bureau forecaster Claire Yeo said Brisbane residents would notice the change tomorrow and predicted daytime temperatures to peak at 18C.

"In the daytime people will certainly feel like they are in Melbourne," she said.

But the night-time and early morning temperatures could ease slightly due to the wind blowing the frost away.

Weather bureau meteorologist Ann Fussell said a lack of clouds had so far kept temperatures warm during the day but freezing during the night, as the warmth was able to escape quickly in the clear air.

The winds are expected to die down, at least temporarily, later this week bringing relief from the recent icy temperatures.

wizard
30-07-2003, 04:26 PM
-5 degrees monday morning and -3 this morning both at 6am in the lockyer valley had a nice coating of ice on the windshield both morning,thinking long and hard if I will go fishing Thursday morning over at Big W
Wizard [smiley=stunned.gif]

blaze
30-07-2003, 04:49 PM
HI Joe
mate ya wana come to tassie for a while and it will toughen ya up(or bloody freeze you), going up the central highlands in 3 weeks, trout fishing with the state ansa clubs, should be alright though(good bar with a huge open fire and can fish from the balcony in the bar) predictions are for snow and ice for the first 5 foot of the lake( we dont drill holes, just cast over the edge, sit back and relax)
cheers
blaze

jaybee
30-07-2003, 05:38 PM
I think i will be right up here thanks blaze, the last few mornings i have been feeling it (the cold) don't think i could handle your extremes. dunno a few years ago it wouldnt faze me, these days i like the comfort of warm clothes and a heater. Although fishing from a balcony sounds okay close to a fire, hope all goes well for ya
cheers
joe.

blaze
30-07-2003, 06:31 PM
hi joe
yes should be a good get together, had to hunt the trout gear out from under years of neglect, but i reckon that it worked 15 - 20 years ago, so it should work now. trout still look the same (bloody hell, wish i did)
let you know how the trip was later
cheers
blaze