PDA

View Full Version : Noosa #M #& #G( re-scheduled )

Lucky_Phill
28-07-2003, 02:37 PM
Due to non-commital of numbers, this M & G has to be re-scheduled. Dates not known as yet.

Now for the good news.

That Saturday nite, 9th is still on for anyone wanting to fish Currimundi or Murphys Reef out of Mooloolaba. Weather permiting, I'll be at the South Ramp at Mooloolaba at 3pm Saturday.

Fishing will be concluded at around 9pm. I'll be on Channel 72 VHF, "Re Bait" is the call sign. Or 0419 020697.

These reefs are within 10 - 15 minutes of the bar and fish extremley well on these tides and moons.

??? ::) ;D ;) Phill 8)

delete.below.info.maybe ???

OK, #Weekend of the 9th and 10th of August it is.

Details following :-

JOHNS # LANDING #MEET & #GREET

OK, #here's the guff.

Johns Landing is located just north of Tewantin, Sunshine Coast. #It will take approximately 2 1/2 hours drive from the Gateway Bridge ( Brisbane ). #So you can work out time for your particular area.

There are 2 ways to get there.

1. # # #Travel the Bruce Highway and turn off at Eumundi and follow the Eumundi-Noosa Road, #or

2. # # #Travel further north and take the Cooroy-Noosa Road at Cooroy.

The Eumundi turn-off is closer, but there is a lot of roadworks being done in this area and you travel through Noosaville suburbs with traffic lights etc. #The Cooroy way is longer in distance, but is a straight forward run. #The choice is yours.

Now, get out your refidex and find #" WERIN #ST " Tewantin. #Turn into this street and then turn left into " #CULLINANE #ST ". #Follow this road for about 3.3 kilometers #and turn right into " LAKE #COOROIBAH #RD ". #Follow this road for a few k's more and don't turn off. #At the end of this road you will find a gate with a sign, and that sign will say " Johns Landing ", private property. #Drive through. This road is about 2 kilometers long and dirt/sand, #travel slow with a trailer on. #Stop at shop / house and pay the " man ". #$10 per vehicle per night. #Go through gate ( you may have to get out and open this one ) and follow track. #See 10kph sign at showers, turn right and follow track to river. #Ausfish will be located on the right of the boat ramp. Look for sign !

I will be at the site by 4pm Friday. #Anyone else going early ?

You'll need to bring, food, drink, chairs and firewood ( just a small amount if possible ).

There will be the large tarp setup, BBQ, table and lighting. #Plenty of room to manouver trailers etc. #There should also be a local fisho there to give us the low down. #The theory is we can expect to " boat " Flathead, Bream and Whiting. #Soft plastics are sure to be a hit here.

For the offshore boys, there is a couple of options. #Head out of Noosa bar am Saturday and return pm. #Tides for crossing are good. #Bar is 11k's from Johns, but good running ( 20 minutes ). #OR, go out of Mooloolaba ( 40 minutes south by road ) and fish the close reefs like Currimundi for the afternoon / evening hit. #Back in over bar at 9ish and back at camp by 10/ 11. #Just in time for a warm Port or 3 ?

Please feel free to make any coments or suggestions regarding the weekend.

Cheers...........Phillie-up-de-esky #!!!!

Lucky_Phill
30-07-2003, 04:54 PM
Need some comments here guys !

Lucky_Phill
30-07-2003, 07:26 PM
NO Aeroguard required :P

harrya64
31-07-2003, 03:17 AM
Hi And dont !! forget the AEROGARD.
AEROGARD. AEROGARD. AND MORE AEROGARD.pLEASE DONT FORGET THE BL**DY AEROGARD

harrya64
31-07-2003, 03:18 AM
Maybe you should bring some Aerogard?????????????

harrya64
31-07-2003, 03:21 AM
Hi Lucky .Do you have som share in the Aerogard Factory He He He ;D ;D :-X :-X :o :o :o

harrya64
01-08-2003, 03:38 AM
Hi Well I have been there for a short visit just before Easter .
About half an hour was aenough for me and my wife and belive me you will need Aerogard or something of the kind
But any one that dose go I hope that you have a great time beside swating Mossie Sandflys and Miggies
have a good weekend cheers

Streaker
01-08-2003, 08:56 AM
Phill
i won't be able to make it this weekend (fishing buddy coming down from Gladstone).Have a good weekend .
Wayne

jaybee
01-08-2003, 09:10 AM
Maybe you should do a poll phil, i cant make it due to work commitments, and i don't think barry's budget will allow this one, will talk to management though, unless someone would like to invite barry along for an estuary fish. An invitation could see us both there.
cheers
joe.

mackmauler
01-08-2003, 11:05 AM
Phill, very few can make this one, how about another weekend people? Rob

Lucky_Phill
01-08-2003, 01:56 PM
See first post.

peterbo3
01-08-2003, 02:14 PM
Phill,
My brain has been frozen for the past week so I am a little bit slow. :o Is the M&G a go or do we just meet you at MBah ramp for a guide to Spot X? ??? :-/