PDA

View Full Version : Bream Plastics

jackash
31-07-2003, 06:04 PM
Heya felaas,
Ive been catching plenty of flathead on plastics but I've been wantin to get in amongsst the bream. Any suggestion.Cheers. [smiley=happy.gif]

-Henno-
01-08-2003, 03:04 PM
Time on the water. I like the lee side of bridge pilons where the eddies are. I have recently started using the silver atomic shads, I think the actual colour is called 'grey ghost' or something like that. Much more success than the atomic fat grubs. But thats just me, some people swear by the fat grubs.

As light a jig head as you can get away with which is obviously dependant on current. As for action I am still no guru but reeeeeeally slow. The slow lift and then slow retrieve till the rod is back horizontal is ok.

I got every bloody species but bream on my bream gear then I started crackin them. Sorry mate, but I aint telling ya where I go! ;)

jackash
01-08-2003, 03:12 PM
THanks for that mate.
when u say light jig heads, shood it be so light that even whith a slow retreive it stays in md water or should it bounce the plastic along the bottom.
Jackash

-Henno-
01-08-2003, 09:18 PM
It should still be able to be bounced along the bottom if you want to. I find it shou.d be light enough to still sink with a nice fluttering action.