PDA

View Full Version : Sea Cage Info sessio

dazza
08-08-2003, 03:54 AM
Hi all,
was just flicking through the local rag and they are having an info session on the sea cage development.

A public meeting will be held on Tuesday 12th Aug at Bribie Island Hotel commencing at 7.00pm.

The article states
" A well informed panel on all aspects of the SunAqua Proposal and the environmental impact study will talk.

cheers
dazza

Gazza
08-08-2003, 04:56 AM
Can the "well informed panel ::) " explain.....

WHY other similar projects h-a-v-e failed, and WHO was to blame for those FAILURES!!

WHAT benefit will the residents in SEQ gain ,by taking a big, uncalculated RISK to THEIR Marine Park!!

jaybee
08-08-2003, 05:17 AM
sounds like they may be getting nervous due to the numbers of objections recieved on their eis, lets hope so.
cheers
joe.

dazza
08-08-2003, 09:12 AM
I should have been a bit more specific. The night is being put on by the Bribie Island Environmental Protection Association (BIEPA) and the Bribie Island Chamber of Commerce.
The article didn't state who exactly would be speaking.
From other articles in the local rag the BIEPA is totally against the fish farm.
I don't think there will be too many supporters of the farm there, although everyone should be able to voice their opinions and recieve a fair hearing.
Hopefully sanity will prevail and this project will NOT get off of the ground.
They are also going to cover submission writing as well
cheers
dazza
ps. any starters??

jaybee
08-08-2003, 09:40 AM
too far for me dazza and i missed the one on the southside due to work commitments. From feedback tho it was really excellent and worth going to. I take it the speakers will be from the save the bay campaign, some notable members / organisations there. if you go some feedback would be appreciated. all the best
joe.

http://www.qccqld.org.au/savethebay/index.html