PDA

View Full Version : Yet another new sign-up, my story

DaneCross
09-08-2003, 08:07 AM
G'day fellow 'Ausfishers', I've been using the site as a source of 'whats biting, where' for a while and thought its about time I joined...
I'm 23y.o, since breaking my neck two years ago I've become a mad keen fisherman. You may see me being lifted in/out of my Quintrex 475 Bayhunter at numerous boat ramps around the 'Great South-East' by my very strong and very committed crew. I spend most of my days reading and learning about fishing, if there was a university degree in fishing, I'd have a PhD by now! Well, in theory... but in practice it's a whole different ballgame. I've signed up to Ausfish to not only contribute what I can to the site but also learn from the best and gather the local knowledge.

I've attached a photo of the rig.. to enable me to fish I had 'Reelax' make a modified helm chair with rod holders/gimble to assist me in holding the rod, the chair also swivels to enable me to fish in all directions.

SteveCan
09-08-2003, 08:45 AM
Hey DC, Welcome aboard! I like your rig and I like your attitude to fishing. I look forward to your ideas and your experiences.

It has been good to see the new members saying Hi - it's a great site with fantastic local knowledge.

Enjoy!

Cheers
Steve.

mackmauler
09-08-2003, 09:05 AM
Gday DC, look forward to sharing some ideas and tips with you, ive met some great guys through this board you wont find a friendlier bunch anywhere. cheers Rob

aido
09-08-2003, 10:16 AM
g'day dc,
that chair is a great idea. looking good.
good luck with the fishing phd, ::)

craigie
09-08-2003, 12:18 PM
Welcome to the family DC,

Stay in touch mate, i'm sure there are plenty of us that are keen to catch you out on the water.
Nice looking Quinnie, what size donk have you got on it ?
Visiting Ausfish is like going fishing when you can't go fishing :D ;D

Cheers
Craigie.

bugman
09-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Welcome aboard DC,

I think it's great to see you out and about on the water. Probably make a great feature story for a number of news organisations around the place.

Talk to you soon.

Brett

DaneCross
09-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Cheers Guys,
Nice to hear from such a good bunch of blokes.
Craigie, the donk on the back is a 50hp Merc 4-stroke. Nice and quiet, hasn't let me down once. I'm happy with the Quinny, versatile boat fishes from 2ft flathead territory to Murphys off Mooloolabah (and beyond :P).
Brett, unfortunately havn't reached celebrity status around here... yet ;) ;D
DC

Big_Kev
09-08-2003, 06:05 PM
G'day DC. Welcome aboard.
Cheers Kev.
Love the logo with the little guy in the chair fishing.

Touchy - R.I.P.
12-08-2003, 03:40 AM
G'Day DC,Welcome, :),Keep an eye out for my rig(Quinnie Bay Hunter)Ausfish sticker logos at the stern and"Touchy" in red at the bow,see 'ya on the water 'round the pin sometime.Cheers Touchy.><> ><> ><>.