PDA

View Full Version : Lids for a sick kid!

Fitzy
07-08-2003, 05:27 PM
Righto folks I am looking for help.

I'm after as many lids off aluminium cans as I can get. You know the little ring pull thingy off the top.

There's a kid named Connor who has recently been diagnosed with muscular dystrophy & will need a wheel chair very soon as his condition worsens. I've met him & he's a really great kid.
Anyways, if we get a whole lot of lids, we get a wheel chair for him from a charity. (don't know all of the finer details but will find out)

So I'm asking if you can get all your friends, work mates, relos etc to keep all their lids &/or send them to:

Lids 4 Connor
C/- Garry Fitzgerald
PO Box 5097
Brassall. Q. 4305

Thanx for any help at all.

Garry Fitzgerald (Fitzy..)

locomotion
07-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Hi fitzy
:o ; will grab all the lids i can find around the house and even check around when i'm out k will send of what i find .
but what is the final date these can be posted by ? ;)

landy1
07-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Ill put my hand up to do what i can. Do they have to be softdrink or can they be beer lids.
cheers
Michael

Fitzy
07-08-2003, 07:30 PM
Hi fitzy
# # # # :o ; will grab all the lids i can find around the house and even check around when i'm out k will send of what i find .
but what is the final date these can be posted by ? #;)
Thanks,
There's no set date as such. We stop when we have enough for Connors chair. I don't know exactly how many it is, but I think the required amount is 95 Kgs.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Fitzy
07-08-2003, 07:33 PM
Ill put my hand up to do what i can. Do they have to be softdrink or can they be beer lids.
cheers
Michael

They didn't specify to me, just said lids so I've been getting beer/alcohol can lids from the local club as well as soft drink can lids & they seem to be ok with that.

Thanks,

Fitzy..

Nugget
08-08-2003, 02:54 AM
Why don't we get a bin labeled "Lids for Conner" and put it at the Straddie Classic compound next week?
I'm sure Jim Laly won't mind and Bazza would give it plenty of plugs.
...and there will be no shortage of cans being opened!

If you can email me more details I'm sure I could put it to the organisers.

Dave ><>

dazza
08-08-2003, 09:18 AM
Anything for a good cause.
I will do my best to increase my beer consumption ;D ;D
and will encourage all of my mates to do the same.
mmmmmmmbeeeeeerrrr
cheers
dazza

Big_Kev
08-08-2003, 12:24 PM
Thats good thinking Dazza.I will have some more beers as well.
Cheers Kev.

Fitzy
08-08-2003, 07:05 PM
Why don't we get a bin labeled "Lids for Conner" and put it at the Straddie Classic compound next week?
I'm sure Jim Laly won't mind and Bazza would give it plenty of plugs.
...and there will be no shortage of cans being opened!

If you can email me more details I'm sure I could put it to the organisers.

Dave ><>

Will do Dave. Great idea.

Fitz..

PinHead
10-08-2003, 08:30 AM
95kgs of them? Bloody hell that is a lot. Tell ya what Fitzy..if this is serious...if the kid is for real and needs a wheelchair..how bout we find out how much a wheel chair is and start an Ausfish appeal for it..I will gladly chip in with $100 if you organise that.

Fitzy
11-08-2003, 07:10 PM
95kgs of them? #Bloody hell that is a lot. Tell ya what Fitzy..if this is serious...if the kid is for real and needs a wheelchair..how bout we find out how much a wheel chair is and start an Ausfish appeal for it..I will gladly chip in with $100 if you organise that.
It is for real & yes it is alot of lids.
There is a slight prob with cash donations. I/we can't take money on behalf of Connor or his parents, however I can find out their address details & you/others would be able to send them a cheque etc via mail.

The offer is very kind.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Fitzy
12-08-2003, 08:39 AM
Just got the call. They now have enough lids. Many thanks to those who have helped & offered assistance.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

dartaus
12-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Fitzy
I will gladly drink more beer to contribute to this cause. I also think that it would be a good idea to set up an appeal for this kid as it will get him the chair allot faster.

Cheers

Clay.

dartaus
12-08-2003, 12:35 PM
Bit late huh just goes to show you should read the last page of the book first! Forgot to look for the second page. If there is any thing else that i can do to assist do not hesitate to drop me a line.