PDA

View Full Version : speedboat license

adrian
13-08-2003, 03:49 PM
[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] to the water police
the boys in blue are out on the water checking them guys . got a visit while out fishing ( or feeding the babies so they might grow ;D ;D ;D ) they were polite and ask for all safety gear as well . they waited while lines were cleared so they get closer to us for a chat . the strange part was they wanting to see the license isn't now only on computer as i have the old paper one ?

it's good to see them out and about after a rescue at flat rock , before i got on the water , not sure what happen but glad they are out there.

Lucky_Phill
13-08-2003, 03:58 PM
This is a good question. Is all us oldies that have paper licences, now hooked onto big brother ?

JB, this is your mission, should you accept it.

Phill ;) 8)

Big_Kev
13-08-2003, 04:05 PM
yep they know all about spandex as well Phil.
Kev.

Spaniard_King
13-08-2003, 04:20 PM
I got my paper one laminated, then i made a credit size copy and laminated it as well. The credit card size on is the only one that leaves the house now ;D

bungie
13-08-2003, 04:37 PM
All the old paper licences are now "virtual" attached to your drivers licence

jaybee
13-08-2003, 04:49 PM
JB, this is your mission, should you accept it done phil. last year when i bought this boat i took my old paper license into dept of transport to upgrade address, no need they said your license is now hooked up to ya car license, so all you need to do is pass over the plastic car license. now if you get done for drink driving all licenses hooked to ya car license also get done.
cheers
joe.
PS I love it when they come up beside ya like that, have a chat and before they go, hey can i come over and have a look at ya boat, get the right guys and its no probs, even had a short run one day ;D

adamleah
14-08-2003, 04:54 AM
Must mention that Dept of Transport also told me that if using your boat in other states waters.. which includes some parts of water off Gold Coast , That a hard copy of the individuals boat license needs to be available on request of local authorities.

Supposedly other states don't have acess to QLD's database of licensees...

jaybee
14-08-2003, 07:35 AM
Hi adam, feedback suggests this will happen once we get uniform road laws throughout all the states, example. if you lost your licence in NSW dui you could drive in other states, thats not the case anymore. personally i can see having uniform road laws about as much chance as uniform fish size / bag limits. the state governments can never seem to agree on anything to make it easier.
cheers
joe.

imported_admin
14-08-2003, 07:40 AM
If you got your boat license in the days where they handed out the bit of paper and have lost the original license it is a good idea to ring Qld Transport and make sure that it was transfered over on the new system.

I was told that they transfered them as good as they could, in most cases it wasn't a problem, even if you have changed adresses a few times on your car license. But in some cases not enough info matched or a person may have had their car license taken off them for points, Drink Driving etc. So even if you have the paper copy it would be well worth your while to phone QLD transport and make sure that they acknoledge that you have a boat license, just incase you loose the paper copy one day.

Lucky_Phill
14-08-2003, 01:29 PM
Good call Steve, I just might do that asap.

Phill 8)

Lachie1
14-08-2003, 01:31 PM
When i went for my boat lisence some fella said that u just gotta say your name to the boys in blue and they'll look it up on their computer or something and sort it all out??? But if thats the case what happens if like me and you have your Learners Lisence does that mean when your on the water you can hand that over and it will be the same as all you who are on your open lisense. ??? ???

Cheers, Lachie

bungie
14-08-2003, 01:41 PM
If it makes you feel any better, go to the dept of transport at spring hill and they can give you a certificate on paper stating you have a queensland licence. Note this is not a licence in its self, just a bit of paper saying you have a licence. ohhh it was free when I did it about two years back. :D

Lachie1
14-08-2003, 01:46 PM
Yeah i got the certificate when i got my lisence but no actuall "lisence" like for a car or whateva. I just got the certificate copied then cut out the important part then laminated it. Now thats my "lisence"

Cheers, Lachie

drevil
15-08-2003, 04:21 AM
Well what happens if you get your boat license and don't have a car license? My oldest is 17 next month and is thinking about getting his boat license, but he doesn't even have a learner's permit for the car yet.

Maybe he needs to carry the certificate, but it's a bit too big to stick in his wallet!

mackmauler
15-08-2003, 04:54 AM
ive been pulled up by the cops on the water plenty of times, they dont ask or expect you to carry your liscence, just tell them your details.

Justme
15-08-2003, 11:01 AM
Drevil,
You can get a boat licence before a car licence.
Just have to carry the receipt with you.
Your boat licence number becomes your car licence number.
When you get your car licence the boat licence is part of it.
This happened with my son. It wasn't a problem.
So don't stop him.
Cheers Larry

Dino
15-08-2003, 11:42 AM
You guys north of the border may be able to play football, but you obviously can't organise boat licences! lol lol !!!