PDA

View Full Version : Big Shark Attack

Jewmaster
17-08-2003, 10:40 AM
Inrteresting photo. Not sure what happened but it would have been exciting.

imnotoriginal
17-08-2003, 05:16 PM
whoa, don't wanna be in the water with that beast nearby.

bungie
17-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Or the other fish, the one that bit the body off :o

jewies
17-08-2003, 05:57 PM
holy sh*^

Daintreeboy
17-08-2003, 06:19 PM
That's a big Marlin, anyone guess the weight?

nofrills
17-08-2003, 07:43 PM
id recon about 40kg,but a whole one would probably weigh more. ;D ;D ::) ::) :-X :-X

JediFisherman
18-08-2003, 12:22 AM
*Jaws theme plays*

Woah imagine the size it must have been to tear that off.

What is more scary is it looks like it had swallowed the body WHOLE and bit down.

It must be MASSIVE.

:o :o :o

Imagine the amount the Fish and Chips you could have after nailing one of those.

Brett_Finger
18-08-2003, 02:42 AM
makes you wonder.
hookin,Brett

Render
18-08-2003, 05:18 AM
Charcharadon Megalodon, maybe?

That's the prehistoric forerunner of the Great White.

Quite a few marine biologists and cryptozoologists hold the opine that 'Meg' could still exist in deep water trenches.

This should scare you as the last reported 'sighting' of a Meg was at Port Stephens early last century!

This pic is an artists impression of it's size :o :o

pogobill
18-08-2003, 09:11 AM
Yep Yep Yep ,that is fishing when you get a good one there is allways something to upset the moment .

Jewmaster
18-08-2003, 01:10 PM
better not be any sharks like that left. Go surfer dude. HE HEE

stilltryin
18-08-2003, 04:54 PM
I want to know who was the poor person holding onto it when the bite happened. Would you ever be game to look over the side again

Heath
18-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Charcharadon Megalodon, maybe?

That's the prehistoric forerunner of the Great White.

Quite a few marine biologists and cryptozoologists hold the opine that 'Meg' could still exist in deep water trenches.

This should scare you as the last reported 'sighting' of a Meg was at Port Stephens early last century!

This pic is an artists impression of it's size #:o #:o

Render,

Have you any further info on tis last reported sighting??

I ws under the opinion the meg dissapeared many thousands of years ago. Or is it that a GW over a certain size could be classed as a meg ??

any info or links would be great ;)

SteveCan
19-08-2003, 03:16 AM
Hi Heath,

Try this one - it appears on a number of websites but is the only story I could find that purports and actual sighting in livnig memory.

Cheers
Steve

www.strangemag.com/megalodon.html

jaybee
19-08-2003, 03:02 PM
this may interest you heath not about Charcharadon Megalodon however, its a survivors story on what its like to be in the jaws of an 8 to 10 foot bull shark #:o interesting reading http://www.time.com/time/2001/sharks/

or you may like to check this out

http://www.megalodonteeth.com/html/jaws.html

cheers.

jaybee
19-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Couldnt resist this ;D

imnotoriginal
19-08-2003, 05:23 PM
I've read the story on that hammerhead shark head. They caught a mackeral, which then hooked a big hammerhead, then as they got the hammerhead in close a big tiger shark took a liking to fresh hammerhead sushi :o That's gotta smart :P

rickraider
22-08-2003, 05:06 AM
where do you find these photos

Jewmaster
22-08-2003, 06:09 AM
I got the photo of the marlin shark attack from a fishing mag many years ago. Also got a 4wd that was trashed by 1 high tide, ripped the roof off the car.

jaybee
22-08-2003, 09:10 AM
put it up jewie would love to see that one
cheers

wizard
22-08-2003, 03:17 PM
This is a true story the names can be checked and the boat I do believe still operates today.

The boat is the "Venlea" it was a professional deep sea fishing vessel that was gutted and set up to take clubs deep sea fishing.

The club I was a member of was the "Bankstown sports fishing club" and my father "Ted" was the president, on most trips we went out with 16-18 blokes. The only tackle was a snapper winch and 40+ kg line.

"Eddie" was owner/skipper of the boat and knew the waters off of Wollongong as good as any.

"12 mile out " is what he would say if you asked where are we going-we would leave dock at 5.00am and motor for 60-90min.

This one Sunday morning after about 40min fishing over a line of reefs, a few nice size Mowong & a couple of Snapper had been boated along with Nannguy & Sergent bakers. #Eddie came out from the wheel house and said "do you want to try another spot" and then this happened-the first 4 guy's fishing nearest the back of the boat their snapper winches which are bolted to 1-1/2 inch gal pipe suddenly get dragged down on to the side of the boat as this happens approx the next 5-6 lines along start heading up along the boat "Eddie" sing out cut your lines, cut your lines. I was towards the front of the boat so I have no idea of what is going on.

It was a big "noah" now big is anyones guess but we were fishing in 140 fathoms of water it takes 3-5min for your bait to get to the bottom and that fish took approx 6 lines #and a big Mowong or Snapper in less 6 seconds

Every time we would headed from port after that and just as land disappeared over the horizion the hairs would stand up on the back of my neck and I knew if that boat every went down I wouldn't be swimming back to shore.
# # # # # # # # # # # # # #
# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # Wizard

jaybee
22-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Talkin true stories, my bro was mates of a guy who use to write for Modern Fishing (now deceased) :-[ Going back to the 70s, Brunswick heads were having trouble with a rogue shark. Vic Heslop was called in, back then his boat was a 18ft shark cat. Anyway before vic could get on the water we were at Kens (deceased) place at billinudgel. There was a shark tooth in the side of his boat that was bigger then a packet of 25 Peter jackson, and that is the bit that was hanging out. They say they give up trying to get it out. I don't condone Vic Heslops methods, but seeing that tooth, i believe sharks are best left alone.
cheers
joe

banshee
22-08-2003, 05:22 PM
Not quite 12 months ago I was in the final stages of bringing in a longtail when all the line went slack,I had previosly got the young bloke to lift the motor,when I had regained most of the line I noticed that it led directly under the leg.Thinking I was snaged somehow on the leg I gave the line a couple of jerks,I then realised the Tuna was holding station making like it was part of the motor.At the same time I saw the Tuna a torpedo hit the leg,it lifted the arse of the boat out of the water and slid it about 15 feet sideways,people in a boat close by said the tail was cuting the water out in front of the boat.My boat is 5 metres long,I have no idea how long the shark was,the bite mark in my motor is 70cm across and they go straight on and off,no side ways scrapes.My young bloke and his mate were on board,both went the colour of bad shit,the young blokes mate hadn't been on a boat before hasn't been on one since.The Tuna was landed,it was a bit hard geting the deckies near the side of the boat,it went 13kg.