PDA

View Full Version : A company and its director have been fined

nsw_fisheries
28-08-2003, 07:03 AM
http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/gen/news/fb_03Aug27_company.htm

"This document has been posted for information and to encourage discussion among yourselves. For more information from NSW Fisheries on the issue, please visit our web site on www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au"

Lucky_Phill
28-08-2003, 01:54 PM
A company and its director have been fined a total of $4,400 for carrying out illegal dredging and building illegal structures at Yelgun Creek near Brunswick Heads.
August 27, 2003
In Lismore Local Court, the company and director, a 64-year-old man from Bridgeman Downs in Qld, were also ordered to pay $13,500 court costs and rehabilitate the creek.

The Director-General of NSW Fisheries, Steve Dunn, said NSW Fisheries officers detected the offences at the creek on September 11, 2000.

”They found between 6000 and 7000 cubic metres of excavated sediment that included dead fish and eels,” Mr Dunn said.

”Earth structures, known as bunds, had been constructed across the creek, blocking the free movement of fish.

” Yelgun Creek flows into Billinudgel Nature Reserve and is a habitat for more than five species of native fish and turtles.”

Mr Dunn said NSW Fisheries is strongly committed to protecting aquatic habitats and ensuring developments are undertaken in a sustainable way.

” It’s important that landholders talk to NSW Fisheries to get the necessary approvals before they do works in any waters,” he said.

” This includes the dredging of sediments or construction of road crossings over waters.”

” We need to reduce the impacts of such developments on aquatic habitats.”

Media inquires: Eric Aubert (02) 8437 4948 or 0419 185 375.

Gazza
29-08-2003, 01:30 PM
Yeah ,and I hear you have a 'weed' problem in Botany Bay ,and so who 'allowed' the dredging/netting ,before 'handing over' as a RECFISHINGHAVEN #::) :-X :-X

Before 'shutting it down' :(

wizard
29-08-2003, 05:03 PM
I saw something tonite (28/08/03) on a local TV show about crab roping etc and I watched as a pro tied a crab and thou the piece of extra string over the side of his boat !!!!!!!!!!!

I only wish Qld would be as hard as you guy's