PDA

View Full Version : grey ghost shads & 2kg braid

jodie_rossow
28-08-2003, 02:59 PM
I am loving the new techneque useing plastic lures i have caught more fish in the last 4 months then i have my whole life my last capture was a 61cm taron in the nosa river i would love to here some captures from everyone else. or witch lure is working for them cheers jodie fishing female

aquarius
28-08-2003, 05:33 PM
Hi Jodie...Welcome to ausfish....must be the female touch ay catching all those lizards........do you troll for the flatties or just cast and retrieve from a boat?
I've tried soft plastics a few times without great success but will have another shot at the lizards now the spring time is fast aproaching.......Warm water in the shallows...mmmmm those flatties just love to ambush the baitfish as they come off the shallow banks on a falling tide.
Cheers Brent :D

jodie_rossow
28-08-2003, 05:46 PM
just flicking off the bank your right low tide is the best they seem to like dirty water in kawana

flytime
28-08-2003, 11:43 PM
Hi jodie ,
Welcome to ausfish.I been using grey ghost colour in manns stretch 10 plus also for trolling at noosa.With great results.Species include mangrove jack , flathead , tailor , rock cod.I see your fishing in the right spot,from the background in your noosa photo.Theres been plenty of prawns and bait fish in that area.Just brought a new spin stick outfit.Can you tell me what brand of shad are you using !!
Thanks steve :)

Touchy - R.I.P.
29-08-2003, 02:58 AM
G'Day Jodie,I would venture to say you have caught more fish than half the "experts" amongst this motley ausfish group already;D ;D ;D,for what it is worth(when I get "fair dinkum" & not using fly :-X,)I use one type of soft plastic & that is the 3inch grub & I only use two colours,white (in good water)& black (in dirty water),this winter the white "grub" has been braining them,tho' it will be interesting to see now as the warmer weather arrives if they will change colour choices,I suspect they may,I tend to stay with what works for me rather than buy up half the colour schemes/brands now on display in most tackle shops at least it stops me changing plastics after only 3/4 casts without a hookup ::)Cheers Touchy><> ><> ><>.

jodie_rossow
29-08-2003, 03:33 AM
we are useing the atomic brand i have also found the blue bass grub works realy well on trevely there is heaps of action in the tail the trevely love it on low tide

rickraider
29-08-2003, 02:31 PM
good to see someone else from the sunshine coast

Zeeke
30-08-2003, 03:07 PM
G'day Jodie, sounds like your getting into some great fish on plastics, always good to see, the flathead are knockovers when it comes to 2" and 3" shads, especially in the Mooloolaba and Maroochy Rivers... dont know about Noosa, dont fish it much, a real winner.. which i have found is better then the grey ghosts are the real shad coloured shads.. especially in the murky water, the cleaner the water then the grey ghosts start working better, another good plastic to try are the Berkley Power Minnows, i used some yesterday for the first time and they really wack out an attractive wiggle that would knock flathead over as soon as they saw it, during the colder days ive been using Ecogear Pad Tues up the creeks in Maroochy River and the gold coloured "Yellow Shrimp" has been working extremely well on anything that swims by and see's it... anyways.. good luck.. and keep up the good work!

Tim
p.s. if you can guess where this pict was taken, ill take you fishing one day ;)

jodie_rossow
30-08-2003, 04:09 PM
hi tim your underneath sunshine plaza i have tried power baits they work well good action andy from fishermans world said to say hi ive caught so many flathead with thoes shads . if you want to catch dimond trevely use rainbow shads :-X

Zeeke
30-08-2003, 04:34 PM
ill be in fishermans world tomorrow to pick up my new stradic 1000 ive had on order for a while..

yep thats the plaza... great fishing under there!

Tim

Zeeke
30-08-2003, 04:41 PM
those diamond trevally go nuts over the 3" Ecogear Paramax in the Plum colour, dont know why.. just works extremely well, same for most of the trevalleh species ;)

also a big G'day to Andy

Anyways.. gotta go.. tele is back on, catchas on the flipside

Tim

jodie_rossow
30-08-2003, 05:06 PM
im fishing with a srudwick finesse sofbodz rod cheers

Zeeke
30-08-2003, 05:33 PM
the strudwicks are a good rod, very nice indeed... my main 3 rods when fishing are a 6'6" Black Diamond Bream Reaper and 2 7ft black diamond bream reapers.. the 6'6 has a Stradic 2500FH and one of the 7ft reapers has a stradic 100fh and ive been waiting for the 2nd one to come into fishermans world..

Tim