PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Riverfire on the water + pics

aquarius
01-09-2003, 05:21 AM
Hi Ausfishers and Guests,
The wife and i acquired a suncorp riverfire flag to enable us to watch the Riverfire from our boat.......First year for us and wow was it spectacular......even more so when you are under the Storey Bridge......What a well organised event, something Brisbane can be proud of.
The water police, vmr rescue boats,surf life savers and the coast guards were all there to make sure the boaties had a safe and enjoyable night.......The feature event of course was the fly over by the F111 Jet fighters........one word discribes them AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im attaching some pics so you can all see this magnificent fireworks display.......Can't wait till next year.
Cheers #Brent

aquarius
01-09-2003, 05:23 AM
photo 2

aquarius
01-09-2003, 05:24 AM
photo 3

aquarius
01-09-2003, 05:26 AM
photo 4

aquarius
01-09-2003, 05:28 AM
photo 5

Jonno
01-09-2003, 05:54 AM
Hi Brett,

We we on the water too, it was our first time there and it's great. How about the F1 11's cool or what. We were right near the victoria bridge just up from southbank. Will be going next year, will meet up with you then.

jaybee
01-09-2003, 12:39 PM
top shots brent, question what time did they want you anchored up in position by? Some was saying by 4.30 that puts a fair bit of a wait on it, but then well worth it looking at your photos.
cheers.

aquarius
01-09-2003, 01:00 PM
Gidday Joe...Mate we put the boat in at fishermans island at midday...had some lunch anchored in the boat passage then headed for the Storey Bridge at 1-30 pm,
arrived at our destination some 40 minutes latter......There were boats everywhere so we had to take it easy.....wakes from the bigger boats pushed us around a fair bit!!.
All the boats were to be anchored up by 4pm but i reckon we made the right move in getting a top position early......Mate the fireworks reflecting off the glass on the city high rises was just amazing......Make sure you go next year its a must to see!
Would be great to see a group of AUSFISH BOATS there on the night....Yes Jonno it was just the best night!!
We stayed the night anchored under the Storey Bridge.....was'nt game enough to fight my way through all those boats back to the ramp........The next morning up early and a pleasant trip back to the ramp before the wind freshened.
Cheers #Brent

jaybee
01-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Thanks brent, man being on the water that long would upset my bladder something shocking ;D might be safer from the bank for me.
cheers
joe.

skales
01-09-2003, 07:51 PM
Brent , I did this trip last year put in at comslie ramp parked right back on the main road that was 2pm . Heaps of boats , wild chop in the river even when anchored up at the gardens .Show was good . Time to leave 9pm , so took a slow trip back to ramp , 300+ boats trying to get out . What a balls up ! Finally got boat on tralier 1.30am . As all boats were leaving the ramp police were doing breath test . NEVER AGAIN .The BCC should do something about more ramps if they are thinking about promoting the river .cheers

harrya64
02-09-2003, 02:58 AM
Great display I seen it on the T V
Just wonder what it all cost?
any Idear.

aquarius
02-09-2003, 05:01 AM
Hi Skales......Yes mate i can imagine what it was like last year......The reason why i put the boat in at fisherman island......heard bad reports about the comslie ramp from some people that used it last year.
It was better organised this year with the water police only letting small groups of boats leave at a time....The prosesion of boats went from 8.30 till close to midnight... must have been a nightmare back at the ramps close to the city....still better to stay the night if possible i reckon.
Cheers Brent :
PS..Hasa not sure what the cost was but hey i think Suncorp can afford it with all that insurance money we pay them ;D ;D