Wesley_Pang
01-08-2003, 06:01 PM
Ian,

Put me down for the course.

Wes

TJH
01-08-2003, 06:27 PM
It's a great idea
I would be very interested in doing it as well and I know of 2 others that would jump at the chance

adriancorrea
01-08-2003, 06:51 PM
Sounds good to me
Count me in

Tight Lines
Adrian

jaybee
01-08-2003, 07:12 PM
I'm lost here, the post says FREE MARINE RADIO COURSE then in the post it says say $50 all up...I'm keen on the course,however I would like to know if its free or is going to cost me $50.
signed: Just a Little Confused

spindles
02-08-2003, 03:26 AM
Jaybee. if they give you free lessons in a car do you expect a free licence.

jaybee
02-08-2003, 03:46 AM
don't confuse me any more then what i am please spindles i will get a headache :(

Big_Muddie
02-08-2003, 03:59 AM
Jaybee,

Seems clear to me - the course instrucrors time is free - the license and handbook are at a cost - as I would expect them to be.

jaybee
02-08-2003, 07:14 AM
Must be just the way i interpret things muddie but you get that, sometimes i think i am losing it lately, i know i have lost a lot of stuff cause i cant remember where i put it, maybe its the cold weather eh.
cheers
joe.

Big_Kev
02-08-2003, 01:54 PM
Not cold weather Joe, I think its call alzheimers LOL.
Cheers Kev.

jaybee
02-08-2003, 02:10 PM
yeh i was gunna say that kev but could'nt remember how to spell alzheimers
cheers

Lucky_Phill
02-08-2003, 03:43 PM
alzheimers is spelt " Old Timers ". ;)

The course sounds like a great idea. I have the handbook, but I think I would like to attend the course.

Phill

Patto
02-08-2003, 04:46 PM
For those fisho's in NSW the link below will show we you can do the same course

www.coastguard.com.au/education.htm

Patto ;)

Big_Kev
03-08-2003, 01:50 AM
I'm in.
Kev

Mudcrab
03-08-2003, 05:22 AM
Just to clarify the costs guys, Australian Maritime College in Tassy slug us $25 for the manual that you are required by law to carry on your vessel and then they whack in a charge of about the same for the pleasure of doing the exam and having it marked. We can't get out of this one sorry but my/our services would be free!
Bad news, if you blow the exam you have to front up with another $25 for the next exam...... and it is not an easy exam. I will put up a proposed date a little later but would like at least 20 guys to make it worthwhile and a one day weekend course is still better than splitting it over several nights.

bunyip
03-08-2003, 08:02 AM
you can count me in aswell.i have a mate who is also interested
rob.

bungie
03-08-2003, 08:34 AM
Count me in to thanks

adrian
04-08-2003, 04:28 AM
a one day coruse is best for me . but some of us are not that smart ??? so can we cheat or bribe the markers with a fishing trip ?? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

anzac

mon
02-09-2003, 06:06 AM
Just wanted to see if this had gone any further. I'm interested in the course,

MON.

xxxxhornet
02-09-2003, 03:40 PM
I only have a 27 meg radio - I take it its free to sit in on cos I wont be wanting to sit the VHF licence test, nor the handbook for that test???

stevedemon
02-09-2003, 04:10 PM
Hi All
Well it is looking good for some of you to do the course you only need a lic's for the V.H.F radio's but even if you have to put your hand in your pockets for $20.00 to do do the 27Mhz and learn what you need to know out there your life is worth more than that and it will make it easier if the people from coast guard or the V.M.R to find you so think about the out comes that could be not it will never happen to me idea.
We have heard of a few people going missing lately because of different reasons this will only help cut down the risks out there and remember two thing
That assumptions is the mother of all F****ups
and the second one is that it is a long swim from out there and a lot can happen in between so for those that have no idea on radio procedures please take the time to do the course it may just save your life or someone Else's

as for those that say they can not afford the price of the course think about the time that the V.M.R people are putting in there time for free to help you all out it may just pay to put your hand in your pockets and make a donation or better still join the V.M.R for safety reason agian $50.00 a year is still worth more than your life
I pay mine each year and even if I don't use it it is still nice to know that I have that safety net backup when I go out

Cheers ;D ;D
Steve :P :P

nhoj
03-09-2003, 04:21 AM
Lets know when the course is on. I am interested in attending.
John.