PDA

View Full Version : Tourism groups want more reef protection

jaybee
10-09-2003, 01:24 AM
Queensland's regional tourism organisations have united in a show of support for greater protection of the Great Barrier Reef.

The 14 Queensland tourism operators have added their weight to the push for more no-take zones in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority's review of representative areas.

Regional Tourism Organisations' chairman Larry Monk says the reef is an Australian icon and vital to attracting visitors.

"Well, I think it's something that obviously points out that the whole of the industry is united on this," he said.

"All 14 regions throughout the state were unanimous in their support and that goes from everyone from the outback to the Gold Coast.

"It was an indication of not only the importance we place on the Great Barrier Reef, but how it fits in as an icon for the state and the country."

SteveCan
10-09-2003, 01:46 AM
Hi Jaybee,

I assume you are getting this material from the net? If so could you please post the relevant links so people can do further reading and put the report in context?

As you have said before - believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see...

Cheers
Steve.

jaybee
10-09-2003, 01:50 AM
No further links with this one steve, sorry. They are sent to me in an email from the qld gov and other sources. I post what i think people may be interested in reading if anymore comes through on this i will follow through with it. Sometimes I get a lot of info and at times just little snippets.
cheers
joe.

Gazza
10-09-2003, 02:01 AM
:(
The 14 Queensland tourism operators have added their weight to the push for more no-take zones in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority's review of representative areas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
;D thank the RecFishos for thinning out the big ones , that would eat ALL the little ones ::)

:P 500,000+ RecFishos want less tourism development :P

Stupid statement/s Mr.Monk ? ........ maybe ;)
but you started it!!!!!! :P :P :P :P

Kerry
10-09-2003, 04:52 AM
I think it points out a whole load of things about the "tourist industry" ;)

Maybe there needs to be some "NO Tourist" zones but I don't think any of the tourist industry would see that as funny at all.

But of course this is the same tourist industry that doesn't see many things in any other way apart from their own.

Cheers, Kerry.

jaybee
10-09-2003, 09:27 AM
Kerry
Maybe there needs to be some "NO Tourist" zones on a light hearted note kerry if this were to be, does that mean no jet skis ;D
cheers

Gazza
10-09-2003, 03:12 PM
JB ,wouldn't the fish "go deaf" if jetskis prevailed :-X :-X :-X

:D :D
Gazza

jaybee
10-09-2003, 03:20 PM
was worried bout myself catching fish Gazza. my catch rate is down but i think its from the tourists on jet skis waaaaaaaaaaaa :-[ hey who needs to catch fish when you can sit in a boat and watch yahooooos go by at a great rate of knots, deafening fish eh
cheers

Gazza
10-09-2003, 03:27 PM
I "hear" ya mate , but the fish are getting "ear aches" .and in p-a-i-n

Mr.Monks.......some people "hear ,but they do not listen"

Comprendez?
No?

Understandable ,but sadly ,unacceptable...... ;) ;) ,nudge,nudge

Kerry
10-09-2003, 04:01 PM
NO tourists [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] then jet ski problem fixed. NO tourists, nobody for jet ski's to annoy, NO tourists, nobody for jet ski's to put on a show for, NO tourists no problems ;D, no jet ski's

Cheers, Kerry.