PDA

View Full Version : Request to Ausfish

PinHead
10-09-2003, 04:10 PM
Is there any chance you could start a new forum...Greenies Forum. It really does get a bit much with Jaybee's posts almost every day with releases regarding "green" items. It is nothing against Jaybee himself..just the continual flow of similar items. I fish to relax..same for being on this site..relaxation and discussion on fishing..not the environment because most of those releases develop into nothing and are based on some dolts ******** ideas of what should apply.

Fisherman02
10-09-2003, 04:13 PM
good idea

krazyfisher
10-09-2003, 04:25 PM
easy fix pinhead dont read them ;D
I find it good to keep up to date

Gazza
10-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Fair comment Pinhead , I can really see where JB's 'general subjects' not 'green subjects' as such ,do cut across (to me) a few boundaries that suit 'general'.....

to spin the bottle #;) , do you see many 'fishing' topics that (to you) dont fit the 'other' forums......salt/fresh/boat/reports/etc ?

I do like to be informed ,without searching too wide, and i feel confident ,that opposing links/text would be used to advantage on both sides of the coin #??? ,if CRAP was presented without debate ??

JMHO
Gazza
(on any forum related to fishing)

p.s. just a consideration ,where would you put this 'topic' ?

imported_admin
11-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Will see what others comments are.

Was thinking along the lines of setting a catergory up for stuff like NSW Fisheries, Qld Fisheries, Political announcements, Fishing related press releases, etc, etc.

I read almost all of those type of posts so it doesn't bother me where they are.

All comments welcome

DaneCross
11-09-2003, 11:39 AM
Steve,
I like 'Fishing related press releases'. Then people who want the lo-down they can get it easily.
I quite like reading the press releases that get posted, but I think they should be grouped togeter.
DC

Jewmaster
11-09-2003, 11:54 AM
Maybe the actual info could be posted in the message to save you having to go to another site to read it.

Big_Kev
11-09-2003, 01:19 PM
Pin I think that it is general fishing related postings, and a Green Tag forum may create the wrong impression of what the site is all about.
Joe would be posting this stuff for those who are interested and we have the choice to read or not and even to add to the postings if we feel the desire.
Joe does head these posts with an easily interpreted heading also.
I do see your point in that there may be enough of these type posts to seperate them.
And that not all would want the general forum cluttered with stuff they don't want to read, but then I don't desire to read other stuff in that forum either. #
I don't read them all, and just hit the back window to get out.
All the best Kev. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Lucky_Phill
11-09-2003, 02:38 PM
I like your idea Steve. the press release/info would be good.

Further, who the hell is Lycra-Phill ?

Phill

Fisherman02
11-09-2003, 03:03 PM
however u could say the same thing about another forum if it interests you you could go in and read, i just reckon the whole general fishing related thing is getting too crowded, besides its another excuse for another forum LOL
cheers jack

blaze
11-09-2003, 03:40 PM
Hi all
Stick with it joe
I think if people want to read something they will click the button on the mouse & if they dont want to read it DONT CLICK the button, If you read it and dont agree, post your thoughts, thats what its all about.
Steve (AUSFISH)
I personally like the forum like it is
cheers to all
blaze

rickraider
11-09-2003, 03:55 PM
a good idea would be if qld fisheries could answer some queries or give updates or reminders on closed seasons.i am impressed nsw fisheries can make the time to post some imformation .has anyone been involved with fishcare .i done it for 2.5 years and learnt a lot . 8)

Daintreeboy
11-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Steve, I think your suggestion is the way to go. These posts do have a place here but if they are causing issues, create a new category.
Cheers. ;)

Will see what others comments are.

Was thinking along the lines of setting a catergory up for stuff like NSW Fisheries, Qld Fisheries, Political announcements, Fishing related press releases, etc, etc.

I read almost all of those type of posts so it doesn't bother me where they are.

All comments welcome

PinHead
11-09-2003, 04:38 PM
Some of you guys don't seem to get my point. Any item is okay on here if it is the opinion or question or whatever of the person that posted it. Copying and pasting from a government or quasi government article is not the member's work. Plus..there is one there that Qld Fisheries posted and Joe posted the same one. Come on..forums likes this us for individual's thoughts and discussions on same. That is why I asked for a separate forum...for comments on environmental issues which includes the government postings which we would all know is from these bodies.

ANYFISH
11-09-2003, 04:39 PM
you hit the nail on the head there daintree boy. i agree 100%

Big_Kev
12-09-2003, 02:29 AM
Pin I like the way that Joe puts the posts up even if it is not his work.
It does save going to an extra link and replies are connected to the oringinal posting and there is no doubt about what is the issue.
Like I said Joe does an informative header so you get a fair idea on what it is about before you click in.
Some people are interested in what is going on that may have an affect upon us.
This does not make me a greenie, just someone aware of whats happening.
Cheers Kev.

jaybee
12-09-2003, 03:09 AM
Interesting topic,
Pin I posted #something a while back concerning the tailor ris and recieved quite a few replies if I could keep doing it so I did. Must apologise for putting something up qld fisheries did, usually check first, or did they post after me? I don't go looking for the posts, they are sent to me in an e-mail every day, sometimes one sometimes two, e-mails with up to half a dozen segments in each e-mail. #No post yesterday, as i recieved nothing relevent to qld. but you get that. oh by the way I am not a greenie, like most others on this board though I have done the wrong thing in the past when it comes to fishing and the environment.
cheers
Joe.

drevil
12-09-2003, 06:03 AM
I think Steve's idea of a separate forum is a good one.

jaybee
12-09-2003, 08:31 AM
Well probably the way to go is for steve to do a poll, hey if no one wants me to post the info I wont simple as, I can read and dispose, usually though i get the info before its released elsewhere.
cheers
joe.

smerl
12-09-2003, 01:53 PM
I reckon that Jaybee does us all a favour putting the fisheries info up here. I certainly wouldn't read it otherwise. Keep it up Joe I say.

damons33
12-09-2003, 02:51 PM
i agree with jaybee's choice of forum for these important fish issue - it will be good to catch a few fish whilest relaxing instead of have to scrounge up a feed desperately hunt hard just to get a couple as its been overfished both professionally and by greedy recs guys. pro's use to get their way all the time now its our turn for a bit of politicians hearing what we say- we got pros' working our forums trying to drum up support for unsustainable practise and pulling the wool over our eyes as to the facts, the carnival is over! now we got to pay for pro's greedy practices for the last 20years, fish are the property of everybody! not a few guys that pay the government off to get a free run at easy money(the well is nearly dry boys! as if u didnt see it coming!) and im so happy its happening! :P

Daintreeboy
12-09-2003, 03:01 PM
Sorry if anyone has misinterpreted my post. I do think Joe's posts have a place here, I just hink that if there is an issue from some members about them being in the general chat area, create a new category, that's all. I think that's what the original post was about too.
Keep up the good work Jaybee.
Cheers, Mark.

Wesley_Pang
12-09-2003, 03:06 PM
Jaybee does a good job about keeping us informed about issues that may affect recreational fisherman.

Recs can not afford to ignore these issues. A lot of changes are in the pipeline. If we don't speak up, we only have ourselves to blame for the state of the fishery.

The tourism and commercial fishing interests have very powerful and co-ordinated lobby groups.

Wes

gruntahunter
12-09-2003, 03:06 PM
Geez hows Joe goin to get to 5000 posts if we censor him.hehehe. Joe u r an old bloody greenie mate and u shouldn,t be ashamed of it mate cause any one who cares really is probably a greeny. keep up the work Joe.

PinHead
12-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Okay Okay..let me put it another way. A few replies implied I was criticsing Joe..Nothing could be further from the truth. What I am saying is probably what Steve intimated..a category for press releases.

krazyfisher
12-09-2003, 05:01 PM
well lets all just vote on it I have started a poll this way we will find out with out the topic getting to heated

jaybee
12-09-2003, 07:01 PM
Geez guys i am overwhelmed and humbled. ummm the e-mails i get usually are a week ahead of newspaper releases, i can keep posting as long as you would like until my source drys up. but hey some is heresay but then look how much has become law :( the more we know before the government wants us to know the more we will be prepared, and argo u ratbag i am not a bloody greenie eh, i have seen what sort of mess they leave after a protest, i know, i have had to clean up after them :o
cheers
joe.

adriancorrea
12-09-2003, 07:11 PM
I think everyones gotten off the original post.
I think what Jaybe is doing is great but I think it needs a category of its own as with the fisheries post and any other press releases.
No one is saying for him to stop posting them, just to have them in another category.
Often I have put up a new topic or replied to a topic only to come back a day or two later and its on the second page due to so many of Jaybe's posts or the fisheries.

Just my opinion

Tight Lines
Adrian

TJH
12-09-2003, 07:17 PM
I think Adrian is spot on.
Jaybee posts are good but they can tend to overwhelm the general fishing chat forum.
A separate catagory would allow people to quickly read the areas they are most interested in.

jaybee
12-09-2003, 07:28 PM
Now i have to agree with adrian and terry there, however what does that tell us, either the posts in general are slow or i am too quick ;D specially for qld fisheries. oh well
cheers
joe.
ps cheeky bugger arent i ;D and no i wont back down.

adriancorrea
12-09-2003, 07:33 PM
Thats the way Joe
Stick to your guns [smiley=rifle.gif]
To pinhead and joe thanks for all the extra post lol

Tight Lines
Adrian