PDA

View Full Version : strange fishing laws

planetjase
19-09-2003, 09:59 AM
hey all
i have a question about sharks . what do you do if you get
some have said they taste great some say put them back it's just for fun and others have said kill em
what do i do ????
what do you all do sharks ?
thanks
jase
also are there any other laws any of you have discovered that may help all

imported_admin
19-09-2003, 10:42 AM
For the Recfishing laws checkout the DPI Fishweb site

http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/

The decision to return fish or not is up to you. Just make sure you fish within the rules. After all, Fishing is a recreation enjoy it how you wish and think of the future.

Jewmaster
20-09-2003, 07:57 AM
Years ago we had a DONGER in the boat and used to bash there heads in to make them a bit quiter to remove the hook.
Now we use long nose pliers and don;t bash them on the head. My sister really likes FLAKE, so we will take a small shark for her to eat, but all the rest go back in the water.

Tally
20-09-2003, 08:48 AM
Years ago we had a DONGER in the boat and used to bash there heads in

Hmmmmmmm, :-/ :-/ I'm leaving this one alone ;D ;D ;D

Cheers,
Jay.

fishing_tails
20-09-2003, 10:43 AM
i bop a small one now and again some its illegal but if you read most fishing books they talk about the eating qaulity of sharks so maybe illegal but somebodys done it if its in those books and to jewmaster read what you wrote then had a good laugh...when i saw TALLY'S comment ...cheers

ferralflyer
20-09-2003, 07:34 PM
What will be going through your mind when the boat has sunk and you,your misses and kids are bobbing around like shark bait and see a 12foot tiger shark,Hay honey dose that look like that tiger shark that Sea World let go onTV, :o :o :o,paper,rock,sizssers,who will swim away to save the others.:o :o :o

theone
21-09-2003, 06:18 AM
A small shark every now and then tastes great if cooked properly, ortherwise they are good fun on light tackle