PDA

View Full Version : Public submissions considered in Barrier Reef rezo

jaybee
24-09-2003, 03:58 PM
ABC News
Posted: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 7:00 AEST
The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority says it is well advanced in the analysis of the 21,000 public submissions it received on its rezoning of the marine park.

The final plan, including increased green or "no-take" zones covering around 30 per cent of the marine park, is due to go before Federal Parliament by the end of the year.

Director of communication and education Bruce Kingston says the process is on target for deadline and the community will see significant changes to the draft plan.

"Over the next month we expect to be going back to a number of key stakeholders, checking some of the ways that we've used information, sometimes checking that we've actually understood their information correctly," Mr Kingston said.

"There will be substantial changes to the maps that people saw in June-July."

Last Update: Tuesday, September 23, 2003. 7:32am (AEST)

jaybee
24-09-2003, 03:59 PM
Gee i can remember a post i did it said 25,000 the numbers are tumbling
cheers

NQCairns
24-09-2003, 05:37 PM
I wonder what the ratio of the yays to nays that got thrown out was??? They should have to contact every person concerned with an explanation of their actions. Has anyone contacted this department regarding how their own submission was deemed. Who can a person contact outside of this department that is an advocate for those that may have been trampled on by GBRMPA during this process.Nq