PDA

View Full Version : NO ONE WANTS TO HELP

fishing_tails
23-09-2003, 11:59 AM
everytime i write no one seems to care i'm a newbie tryin to learn how to fish properly around sydney asking for tips hints knots pictures/diagrams where to fish bait to use...but only 2 people reply....Does anyone care ......p.s sorry if im being rude..but people helped you when u were trying to learn how 2 fish the first couple of times......signed: sorry if i seem silly #[smiley=help.gif] [smiley=helpa.gif] [smiley=bomb.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=wut.gif] [smiley=angel.gif] #:-X #;D

jaybee
23-09-2003, 12:45 PM
No such thing as a silly person tails, some are just slower then others. Its a fact. I would like to help but never fished sydney, as I live in Brisbane, so i guess my experience would be different to those down south. Don't know how many people live in your area, maybe you can do a post asking.
cheers.

Derek Bullock
23-09-2003, 01:19 PM
Hey there tails

Most of the members here are from up this way in Queensland but I know there are some from down there so come on guys, give the bloke a hand. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Derek

imnotoriginal
23-09-2003, 03:10 PM
Well I don't think they like us to name other fishing sites, but one tip i'll give you is when you're landing that big one to use the LANDING NET so that it doesn't get away. #I think that's a good tip. #Other than that, this site is wonderful for general information, however it doesn't seem that there's many anglers who can give you location specific advice. #Good luck matey.
Joel

cmc
23-09-2003, 04:49 PM
Fishing is fishing mate... What are your questions... I am sure we can assist in a broad sense....

David

straddie
23-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Heya fishing_tails I pretty much only comment on things I know something about. Chat about fishing Botany bay, sweep and australian salmon aren't something I have experience with.

As imnotoriginal said a landing net would be productive for your area.

Jewmaster
24-09-2003, 04:05 AM
What are you fishing for in sydney. In regard to knots and rigs it would help knowing what your fishing for. You should get some marine charts from your local map shop and look over them for places of interest to investigate further. Also talk to lots of people at the boat ramp. Most people are freindly enough to tell you a method or two.

I could tell you a few good places around Darwin NT ???

whiteman
24-09-2003, 09:16 AM
Used to be a Sydneysider a couple of years ago. You've gotta go a few miles out to sea to get the bigger varieties like snapper or be on the Hawkesbury when the moon aligns with all of the planets to get good sized Jewies or have wide shoulders to make casting room when the niggers are on in Narrabeen Lake.

Best advice? Go to some of the good bait shops (there is one on Pittwater Rd at North Narrabeen) and ask. Go to some of the obvious shore based fishing spots like piers in Balmain, Manly, wherever you can get to and watch who's getting fish and talk to them. Join a fishing club. If you're on the Northern Beaches, the Newport Arms has a real good one - go see my mate Peter Ryan (he'll talk about fishing AND sell you a swimming pool).

Kerry
24-09-2003, 10:39 AM
everytime i write no one seems to care

Not so, people have replied with further queries regarding some of your posts and unless you actually answer then how does one really know in some cases what your on about.

It's a 2 way street and as many have commented people only generally reply to things they know something about or ask further questions for clarification. If you don't reply to those queries then obviously you don't wish to persue the subject further.

Cheers, Kerry.

Daintreeboy
24-09-2003, 01:21 PM
The best advice I can give is save as much as possible and move to FNQ ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::)

Lucky_Phill
24-09-2003, 03:32 PM
I like ya style Daintree.

But, most of us here are right. get a little more specific.

You don't need help winning the S.O.O trophy >:( :'(

AS for fishing Sydney............? Isn't that Bearded Burbler from down that way ?

Phill

fishing_tails
25-09-2003, 09:38 AM
i have never seen such an outgoing reponse thank YOU
Kerry/daintreeboy/Whiteman/jewmaster/stradiee/cmc /derek/jaybee and all...i really apreciate this and thanks for the links in my email and replies here i generally fish for luderick..LOL...[hint hint] whiteman..LOL////// snapper salmon leatherjackets flathead...also i dont really know how to tie know and can someone explain to me what a swivel does i'm confused...sorry about this if i have been a pain in the arse.... one of the admins told me off about this if it was a real admin..i'm not sure [smiley=iloveyou.gif] [smiley=idea.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=hammer.gif] [smiley=angel.gif] [smiley=beatnik.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=laola.gif] [smiley=cool3.gif] [smiley=guitarist.gif] [smiley=guitarist.gif] [smiley=guitarist.gif]

drevil
25-09-2003, 10:50 AM
Don't have to go that far...SEQ works well for me!!!

drevil
25-09-2003, 10:53 AM
Doh!...posted this to Daintree without noticing there was a page 2. Now it's all out of sync. Oh well, you get that.